Improving grades at transfer school

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
thomzzz

Improving grades at transfer school

Postby thomzzz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:41 pm

So from reading other posts I'm not the only one that is disappointed with my GPA at my new school.

I transferred from TTT-->T1 , and admittedly worked my ass off to do well during 1L, but it always seemed to come naturally.

This semester, I felt like I worked much harder than ever before. The competition was definitely stiffer, granted I had more extracurriculars such as journal and an internship, but I ended up getting mostly median grades. I feel like I don't know what I could have done to have earned better grades.

Anyone else in the same boat have a plan of action? Here's mine so far:
-Reread Getting To Maybe
-Go to office hours more (didn't go a single time last semester)
-???

What are you guys going to do to get better grades?

Nebby

Re: Improving grades at transfer school

Postby Nebby » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:07 pm

I just did what I did in 1L and have had similar results.

What I do is read one week ahead of schedule and review for 30 minutes prior to class to refresh my memory. I just use an outline someone else made.

Return to “Transfers”