Wondering if I made the right decision

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Wondering if I made the right decision

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:39 pm

When I was applying to law school, nearly every resource I could find advocated going to the best school I could get into. Now as I await first semester grades and read TLS threads, I wonder if I made the right choice to attend a T1 instead of local T3-T4. It appears that there is much transfer success to be had from lower school where reasonably intelligent students stand a good chance of being top of the class. Is it better to attend a lower school with transfer intentions than to attend the best school you can? Does a higher ranked school allow for a lower class rank? Thanks.

ballcaps

Re: Wondering if I made the right decision

Postby ballcaps » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:53 pm

no one can really answer this yet, as we don't know what your goals are.

why do you even ask? are you interested in transferring? if so, transferring up the T1 is fairly commonplace, provided your grades are right.

people say "go to the best school you can" because the legal market is pretty terrible right now, so the jobs that exist go to more qualified people.

baal hadad

Postby baal hadad » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 pm

You forgot the second part of the maxim

Go to the best school you can attend THAT CAN GET YOU A JOB IN THE REGION YOU WISH TO PRACTICE

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:36 pm

Second commandment: Don't go to law school with a plan to transfer. 90% of people don't do well enough to transfer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:03 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:Second commandment: Don't go to law school with a plan to transfer. 90% of people don't do well enough to transfer.

Thanks! That is why I chose this school. If transfer doesn't work out, I can still be content. I've just been reading these TTT success stories...

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:22 pm

If you get bad grades at your T1 you would have gotten bad grades at your TTT so perk up.

Return to “Transfers”