Feeling nauseous about this first round of exams

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
thisismyname

Re: Feeling nauseous about this first round of exams

Postby thisismyname » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:50 pm

I think you did pretty well, all B's is definitely decent. Are you at a T25, T10? When you say around 40-50%, are you referring to ranking in class? You are at least top half surely right? If so I think you're still good, just try to bring it up next semester of course! But no C's is certainly something to be proud of!

I have only gotten one grade back so far, it was a B+. The grades are due on Tuesday so I'll report back then and tell you all everything I got.

Yeah. I just got my last grade when I made my last post and it was lower than I was hoping for. If it were just a little higher, I would have placed in the top 1/3rd based on prior years. It's all about the jobs. My SA seemed to focus a lot on how well I did my first year. I start work for them next week into the summer. I made my life very hard fall semester and tried to make it much easier for the spring. Hopefully I either bring up my grades or my SA just doesn't ask about them before they extend an offer.

Thanks for responding. Be sure to let us know how you do. Congrats on the B+!

Anonymous User

Re: Feeling nauseous about this first round of exams

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:02 pm

thisismyname wrote:
Guy's... this is terrible. I never thought I'd be so sad to see so many B's on a transcript. I came out around 40-50%. I thought I would drop a little in rank, but I was just praying it wouldn't be that much... Still no C's, so I guess it could have been worse...

So I am the OP, obviously based on the anonymous name. This post has come full circle. I got my last grade (finally) today.

I was top 25% at my transfer school (T2). I was really hoping to stay around that range, my current school (T25) hasn't released the class ranks/GPA ranges yet but based on previous years/semesters I think now I'll be at least top 50%, perhaps even top 33%.

So I did drop percentage wise but honestly I feel okay about it. I never wanted biglaw so it's no big deal.

Anyway, my grades were: A-, A-, B+, B+, B, and B. The GPA ended up being 3.33. My GPA at my old school was 3.37, so as far as GPA goes I'm pretty much where I was then. I'll reiterate what I originally said in my first post, I am not a hard worker in law school, sort of a procrastinator/slacker actually. I hardly read at all the entire semester, I get outlines from other people, and I read over them for about a week before the exam. I just have no desire to work any harder, I can't get into it. I'm so burnt out on law school and I am just ready to be out of here. But anyway, as I said I am satisfied with my GPA, thanks for participating in the thread and helping me deal with my anxiety. I was mostly concerned with not getting a C, and as you can see I didn't, so I am ecstatic!

A- = 3.67
B+ = 3.3
B = 3.0

Return to “Transfers”