NYU Transfer Waiting Thread 2014 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Nebby

Diamond

Re: NYU Transfer Waiting Thread 2014

Post by Nebby » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:05 pm

bdj426 wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:
bdj426 wrote:Anyone want to make a guess at my odds at NYU?

T1 30-40
3.57 (Top 25%, very close to top 10%)
Strong softs

UR since 7/1, no updates since then
At this point not good.
Not good because of stats or because of 21 days of no action? Until now I thought based solely off of stats that my odds were pretty good. But please do shatter my dreams if they are unrealistic!
Stats and how late in the process we are. Everyone that would have withdrawn already did it last week or earlier. Did you apply anywhere other than CLS/NYU?

bdj426

New

Post by bdj426 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
bdj426 wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:
bdj426 wrote:Anyone want to make a guess at my odds at NYU?

T1 30-40
3.57 (Top 25%, very close to top 10%)
Strong softs

UR since 7/1, no updates since then
At this point not good.
Not good because of stats or because of 21 days of no action? Until now I thought based solely off of stats that my odds were pretty good. But please do shatter my dreams if they are unrealistic!
Stats and how late in the process we are. Everyone that would have withdrawn already did it last week or earlier. Did you apply anywhere other than CLS/NYU?
No, just the two. I'd be happy enough staying at my school, but obviously CLS and NYU are a big step up, so hoping for one of them.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:23 pm

bdj426 wrote:
No, just the two. I'd be happy enough staying at my school, but obviously CLS and NYU are a big step up, so hoping for one of them.
Don't quite give up yet, though. I had given up after I missed the first wave of NYU, because I thought my stats were pretty solid, but then out of no where CLS came knocking. Hope you have luck!

bdj426

New

Post by bdj426 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:27 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
bdj426 wrote:
Don't quite give up yet, though. I had given up after I missed the first wave of NYU, because I thought my stats were pretty solid, but then out of no where CLS came knocking. Hope you have luck!
Thanks!

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:03 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
bdj426 wrote:
I saw that you were crazy active with this whole transfer process. Your stats were good and you submitted apps wicked early. I already got into NYU, but out of pure curiosity, do you think you were yp at NYU? Do you think they yp for transfers? CLS but not NYU seems weird to me. Or do you think that NYU really is one of those schools that gives more weight to softs?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:05 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:
bdj426 wrote:
I saw that you were crazy active with this whole transfer process. Your stats were good and you submitted apps wicked early. I already got into NYU, but out of pure curiosity, do you think you were yp at NYU? Do you think they yp for transfers? CLS but not NYU seems weird to me. Or do you think that NYU really is one of those schools that gives more weight to softs?
Chiming in for some reasons.

Nah I don't think he was YP. He was borderline that could go 50/50 either way. Strongest candidate from a school with great experience etc but low rank. So schools maybe dont wanna dip that low grabbing students. I dont think it has to do with softs I think NYU/CLS are interchangeable in admissions for transfers - talking to past years people get into CLS and not NYU and vice versa even though it makes no sense.

Anyway, i'm dropping out and withdrawing. Attending CLS with CN.

Much love.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:34 pm

One of my LOR got her LLM and SJD from Columbia and was a professor for 3 years at Columbia. I was research assistant to my other LOR, and he also got his LLM and SJD at CLS. I think that helped me, since my LORs were essentially of the same level as fellow CLS professors. Both are also prolific publishers in their respective specialities (ConLaw and Comparative Criminal)

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Anyone still waiting?

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:54 pm

yes

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LomaPrieta

New

Post by LomaPrieta » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Yes. UR3 7/9

bdj426

New

Post by bdj426 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:50 pm

weiweilt wrote:Anyone still waiting?
Yes, UR 7/1

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Still UR 6/30 :(

LomaPrieta

New

Post by LomaPrieta » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:54 pm

derfs wrote:Still UR 6/30 :(
You submitted a long time ago. People who submitted around the same time as you already got dinged. It's at least a good sign that you were not dinged when they were.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bdj426

New

Post by bdj426 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:01 pm

LomaPrieta wrote:
You submitted a long time ago. People who submitted around the same time as you already got dinged. It's at least a good sign that you were not dinged when they were.
If I had to guess I'd say we're still in play, they're waiting to see how the yield looks on the first admits. Also, I'm not sure the sample of people posting on TLS is representative of the whole, so it's hard to generalize to what's going on with the whole transfer class.

LomaPrieta

New

Post by LomaPrieta » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:15 pm

bdj426 wrote:
LomaPrieta wrote:
If I had to guess I'd say we're still in play, they're waiting to see how the yield looks on the first admits. Also, I'm not sure the sample of people posting on TLS is representative of the whole, so it's hard to generalize to what's going on with the whole transfer class.
agreed

omegaomega

New

Post by omegaomega » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 pm

For those who have submitted your intent to enroll form and paid the deposit, how long did it take to receive your UID?

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:24 pm

toothbrush wrote:
TheNextAmendment wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:
bdj426 wrote:
Chiming in for some reasons.

Nah I don't think he was YP. He was borderline that could go 50/50 either way. Strongest candidate from a school with great experience etc but low rank. So schools maybe dont wanna dip that low grabbing students. I dont think it has to do with softs I think NYU/CLS are interchangeable in admissions for transfers - talking to past years people get into CLS and not NYU and vice versa even though it makes no sense.

Anyway, i'm dropping out and withdrawing. Attending CLS with CN.

Much love.
Congrats bro. To be completely honest, I'm beyond shocked you didn't get into HLS. Good luck, stay in touch.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:26 pm

omegaomega wrote:For those who have submitted your intent to enroll form and paid the deposit, how long did it take to receive your UID?
3 days

Jetsfan24

New

Post by Jetsfan24 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Still UR 7/1 ..status has never changed and I haven't been dinged yet

omegaomega

New

Post by omegaomega » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:57 am

TheNextAmendment wrote:
omegaomega wrote:For those who have submitted your intent to enroll form and paid the deposit, how long did it take to receive your UID?
3 days
Thanks!

choices>chances

New

Post by choices>chances » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Went under review for the first time on 7/10 although I knew they had my stuff before that Status updated to Decision letter sent 7/23. Haven't received a UPS notification and no email, what does this mean? I'm just curious, I've officially enrolled elsewhere so it's just curiosity at this point (I paid the fee so I deserve to know if they would have taken me darn it). In any case if it's an acceptance, I will be respectfully withdrawing immediately. Good luck to everyone here.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bdj426

New

Post by bdj426 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:36 pm

choices>chances wrote:Went under review for the first time on 7/10 although I knew they had my stuff before that Status updated to Decision letter sent 7/23. Haven't received a UPS notification and no email, what does this mean? I'm just curious, I've officially enrolled elsewhere so it's just curiosity at this point (I paid the fee so I deserve to know if they would have taken me darn it). In any case if it's an acceptance, I will be respectfully withdrawing immediately. Good luck to everyone here.
Someone else said they had it in their spam filter. I'd check spam filter and then call the office.

anacharsis

New

Post by anacharsis » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:40 pm

choices>chances wrote:Went under review for the first time on 7/10 although I knew they had my stuff before that Status updated to Decision letter sent 7/23. Haven't received a UPS notification and no email, what does this mean? I'm just curious, I've officially enrolled elsewhere so it's just curiosity at this point (I paid the fee so I deserve to know if they would have taken me darn it). In any case if it's an acceptance, I will be respectfully withdrawing immediately. Good luck to everyone here.
DSL - Quantum notification was rejection in a previous instance.

choices>chances

New

Post by choices>chances » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:03 pm

nothing in my spam. Has anyone gotten the acceptance via email?

bdj426

New

Post by bdj426 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Has anyone called the office, either to ask for expedited review, or just to check on things, and has that helped at all?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”