Chances of getting back home? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chances of getting back home?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 26, 2014 5:19 pm

My softs include numerous internships, a fellowship i won at my law school, a research assistant position with one of my law prof, and a summer position at Supreme Court (NY).

1st Semester grades and rank:
B,B,B,B-,B- GPA: 2.87 Rank: 82/184 Top 46%?

2nd Semester THUS Far grades:
B+,B. (Waiting on three more).

I'm looking to transfer back home to NYC. What are my chances at Cardozo, Brooklyn, Cuny, St.Johns.?
NOTE: I am only wondering my chances of acceptance. I will consider my financial position later on.

Thank you all!
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue May 27, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

transferror

Silver

Re: Chances of getting back home?

Post by transferror » Mon May 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Under no circumstances should you attend St. John's or CUNY, and your grades won't get you in anywhere else (and most likely not even SJ or CUNY). Sorry, but you're almost certainly going to have to stay put.

Edit: Thanks Guano
Last edited by transferror on Tue May 27, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Got two more grades today. A+ and B.

guano

Gold

Post by guano » Tue May 27, 2014 9:05 pm

transferror wrote:Under no circumstances should you attend St. John's or CUNY, and your grades won't get you in anywhere else (and most likely not even SJ or CUNY). Sorry, but you're almost certainly going to have to stay put.

Edit: There's only XXXXXXXXXX in that range, so change it if you really want to be anon.
you might want to edit this too

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 29, 2014 4:12 pm

I would like to update this thread and ask it again. My transfer list now includes Fordham.

Ended up finishing the year with a 3.26 GPA ranked 47/174 in my class. Top 27%?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

transferror

Silver

Post by transferror » Thu May 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Yeah, apply to Fordham/Cardozo/Brooklyn and see what happens. I don't think the odds are in your favor, but it's possible you'll get into one of them. Congrats on the jump up.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu May 29, 2014 5:24 pm

in addition, do everything in your power to get a better scholarship at your current school. even if you don't end up transferring, its best to keep your costs down.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 30, 2014 12:37 am

Thank you.

At $7,000 CUNY is literally staring me in the face.

I want to practice family law, particularly, matrimonial law. I know they specialize in "public interest law" whatever that means. I mean, i hustle hard for jobs/internships, I feel any school in NYC will land me a job. Thoughts?

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:53 am

Anonymous User wrote: I mean, i hustle hard for jobs/internships, I feel any school in NYC will land me a job. Thoughts?
Danger, danger. Take a cursory look at the employment statistics of the schools you are accepted to and consider attending. As well as the one you are currently at. Some are horrible (over ~30-40% unemployed/underemployed). These aren't people that didn't "hustle" - there's just not enough jobs for everyone. Not trying to scare you, but be cognizant of that.

http://www.lstscorereports.com/state/NY/

IE: New York Law School has less than 50% of its grads working in bar-passage-required jobs.'

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”