mvbp to cls Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

mvbp to cls

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi All,

I have a question about how transfers at CLS fare during OCI. Given the relatively large number of transfers they take, is there a general bias against transfers?
I have a 60% scholarship at my current school, but want to transfer because of CLS's edge in NY and its much higher prestige in my home country.

Thanks!

wiz

Diamond

Re: mvbp to cls

Post by wiz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:38 pm

CLS transfers generally kill it during EIP. Chances are you will do very well if you have good enough grades to get accepted, especially if you are targeting NY, but whether you will fare better than you you would have if you had stayed at your original school (since you're already at MVPB) is debatable. I don't think there is much of a bias against transfers coming from firms; it's generally a native students versus transfers thing. See: Northwestern.

Then there's the whole other question of whether it's actually worth it to give up a 60% scholarship at a T10 to pay sticker at a T6 in a city with a massive COL.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:44 pm

I doubt transferring will give you an edge in NYC so if that's your primary goal then it's not worth it. I can't speak to the international aspect.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:07 pm

wiz wrote:CLS transfers generally kill it during EIP. Chances are you will do very well if you have good enough grades to get accepted, especially if you are targeting NY, but whether you will fare better than you you would have if you had stayed at your original school (since you're already at MVPB) is debatable. I don't think there is much of a bias against transfers coming from firms; it's generally a native students versus transfers thing. See: Northwestern.

Then there's the whole other question of whether it's actually worth it to give up a 60% scholarship at a T10 to pay sticker at a T6 in a city with a massive COL.
I actually picked my current school over NYU sticker. The only thing I'm most concerned with is firms' or students' perception of transfers.

manu6926

Bronze

Post by manu6926 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Last edited by manu6926 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 pm

You'll kill at CLS as a transfer. But if you are coming from MVBP and have the grades to transfer, you would have killed it anyway. I don't see much of a reason for transferring, except for personal reasons (IE significant other in NYC). Can't help you without more details on your situation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”