Top 5% at TTT Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lettow

New

Top 5% at TTT

Post by Lettow » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:51 am

Last edited by Lettow on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Top 5% at TTT

Post by Nebby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:07 am

If you can sustain top 5%, then I recommend applying anywhere between 10-20 in the rankings. I know Georgetown has taken T3 students with similar stats.

holepunch

New

Post by holepunch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Is there a certain region or city you'd like to work in?

Impressive snagging a Federal COA internship at a TTT.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Lettow wrote: Would anyone know my options? I think Emory, UMinn, and WUSTL are possible, maybe. How about Georgetown? I'm fine with moving anywhere in the U.S.
I can't imagine you would have trouble getting into WUSTL with those credentials...i think GULC is definitely on the table if you can maintain your performance there
holepunch wrote: Impressive snagging a Federal COA internship at a TTT.
+10

Lettow

New

Post by Lettow » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm

holepunch wrote:Is there a certain region or city you'd like to work in?
Wherever. Location doesn't matter to me. I've done urban/rural and warm/cold climates. A T1 with access to a good market (or several small markets) would be nice.
CounselorNebby wrote:If you can sustain top 5%, then I recommend applying anywhere between 10-20 in the rankings. I know Georgetown has taken T3 students with similar stats.
cusenation wrote:I can't imagine you would have trouble getting into WUSTL with those credentials...i think GULC is definitely on the table if you can maintain your performance there
Well, that's good news!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Definitely apply t14. Keep grades up. Apply gulc ea right now if you still can.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:16 am

UnfrozenCaveman wrote:Definitely apply t14. Keep grades up. Apply gulc ea right now if you still can.
EA deadline was March 15.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:38 am

CounselorNebby wrote:If you can sustain top 5%, then I recommend applying anywhere between 10-20 in the rankings. I know Georgetown has taken T3 students with similar stats.
Don't sell yourself short. If you desire a top-10 school, apply to a couple. I don't see you getting into HYS CCN but any other school might be within reach if your LOR's are strong. Try to become #1 and see what happens. You are already in the top 10-20 students, right? How large is your class?

If you're #1 or #2 with very strong LOR's, you could probably go almost anywhere. I think top-10's will be interested. The 1L curricula are 80% the same across all ABA-accredited law schools; so any school should be glad to take #1 or #2 from ANY other school.

Any ABA-accredited law school will provide a good legal education; it's the job prospects that suck for most of them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”