Early Action Programs Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Early Action Programs

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:43 pm

What schools will consider transfer applications based on first semester grades? Does this list cover them all? UChicago, GULC, GWU, USC, Emory, WUSTL, and UC Davis? Problem is I only have two official grades on my first semester transcript...

lhanvt13

Gold

Re: Early Action Programs

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What schools will consider transfer applications based on first semester grades? Does this list cover them all? UChicago, GULC, GWU, USC, Emory, WUSTL, and UC Davis? Problem is I only have two official grades on my first semester transcript...
GW is over. Gtown due date is in 3 days. Just FYI. Don't know about the other ones

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:11 pm

I didn't qualify for those two anyways based on the 3 grade minimum...

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:I didn't qualify for those two anyways based on the 3 grade minimum...
Are you at a school that has year-long courses? If so, fuck those schools. I know they do it because of this exact reason. If they don't want to keep people form transferring, then that's a shitty way of doing it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Yes! My thoughts exactly. Just trying to find if there are any other schools that will consider my first semester grades anyways.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes! My thoughts exactly. Just trying to find if there are any other schools that will consider my first semester grades anyways.
There are not any. I don't know what tier your school is in, but hopefully you finish this semester in the top 10% and you'll have a decent shot at transferring to a couple of T14 schools?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”