3.3 from a T25 to Fordham, Cornell?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.3 from a T25 to Fordham, Cornell?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:16 am

Hey everyone,

I have a 3.38 GPA from the fall semester at a T25, and I'm hoping to transfer to a school back in NY. I feel like so far I have a much better understanding of the material this semester, and I'm hoping that I might be able to pull my GPA up to around a 3.5.

From what I've been assuming, NYU and Columbia would be basically impossible, Cornell not likely, and Fordham a possibility. Does that seem accurate?

I know that it's exceedingly rare for a school to give scholarships to transfer students, but I'm wondering if any schools might do it for transferring down (say, to St. John's or Brooklyn). Has anyone heard anything about this?

Finally, I'm almost positive that I want to do public interest work. I know CUNY is great with public interest, but I'm don't know if it makes sense to transfer down that much. Any advice?

Thank you all so much in advance!

Nebby

Re: 3.3 from a T25 to Fordham, Cornell?

Postby Nebby » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:00 am

What region is your current school in? Where do you want to work? Is there a personal or familial reason you want to go back to NY or some other motivation? Or do you just not like your current school?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:12 pm

My school is in the South, and yes, my family is in NY and I want to end up working and living in NY. And yes, I'm not too crazy about my school either, and would much rather be back in NY, if practical.

Thanks!

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 pm

No one would recommend Fordham in good conscience.

eastcoast_iub

Postby eastcoast_iub » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:03 pm

What percentile are you

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:34 pm

yea, Fordham you cant do OCI, its expensive, just not worth it. also Cornell, cant do it either b/c usually admission is too late.

Return to “Transfers”