Fringe T2/T3 to T1

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sf_39

Fringe T2/T3 to T1

Postby sf_39 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:56 pm

Current situation:

Top 15% at fringe T2, high T3 (does that exist?)
Decent not full scholarship
Like area and school

-------

Can likely go to a T1 top 30/35 based on my grades/school and seeing what my desired transfer usually takes.
My main drawback is my family doesn't want to move, so if I did transfer I could still see them on weekends as it's somewhat withing driving distance but would be a long commute. I get this is a personal thing that TLS may not be able to help on. My career goal is to get into estate planning or IP law.

Appreciate any feedback for the choice.

UndecidedMN

Re: Fringe T2/T3 to T1

Postby UndecidedMN » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 pm

I think I could have transferred to Michigan or Northwestern but didn't because of family. Big regret right now with no job.

UnfrozenCaveman

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 pm

What are the job prospects coming out of your current school? Is there any other law schools close by?

sf_39

Postby sf_39 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 pm

UnfrozenCaveman wrote:What are the job prospects coming out of your current school? Is there any other law schools close by?

Can get it from around a coin flip currently to about 65-70%. Yes but nothing that would be a substantial improvement or attainable w/o straight As this semester.

UnfrozenCaveman

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:33 am

I dunno. Just don't know how big a bump a school ranked 30--it's no Michigan--would give you that would make it worth leaving your family/having two households for that amount of time. We are talking like spouse and kids, right?

Return to “Transfers”