School in 40's -> GULC? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

School in 40's -> GULC?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 pm

What class rank gives me a good shot? Currently top 30% in my class. Not sure if I'll apply EA or, on the risk that i get rejected before 2nd semester grades, apply regular action and hope i went up in rank. Any advice/anecdotes?

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Re: School in 40's -> GULC?

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:15 pm

I think it might be a long shot for EA. If you wanna save the app fee for a little better certainty, get your grades up and apply regular decision.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:34 pm

Conventional wisdom says slim to no chance. 15-20% would be competitive. But the only thing you have to lose is an app fee. Your call.

boxie

New

Post by boxie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What class rank gives me a good shot? Currently top 30% in my class. Not sure if I'll apply EA or, on the risk that i get rejected before 2nd semester grades, apply regular action and hope i went up in rank. Any advice/anecdotes?
You're not going to get rejected in EA. GULC is very liberal with deferrals vs rejections. Agree that it is a long shot, but the risk is negligible. The only real benefit I see to waiting is focusing all energy on bringing your grades up because the waiting period can be somewhat taxing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:51 pm

OP here: Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know. How about chances at GW? Do you think that the drop in 1L apps will give me a better transfer shot at GULC than previous years?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here: Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know. How about chances at GW? Do you think that the drop in 1L apps will give me a better transfer shot at GULC than previous years?
Your chances at GW are better, but they don't do EA. Therefore, apply EA to GULC, get deferred, get all As this semester, and get into GULC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:48 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here: Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know. How about chances at GW? Do you think that the drop in 1L apps will give me a better transfer shot at GULC than previous years?
Your chances at GW are better, but they don't do EA. Therefore, apply EA to GULC, get deferred, get all As this semester, and get into GULC.
Thanks. I like your style.

boxie

New

Post by boxie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:36 am

CounselorNebby wrote:Your chances at GW are better, but they don't do EA. Therefore, apply EA to GULC, get deferred, get all As this semester, and get into GULC.
George Washington has an EA transfer program.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:21 am

boxie wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:Your chances at GW are better, but they don't do EA. Therefore, apply EA to GULC, get deferred, get all As this semester, and get into GULC.
George Washington has an EA transfer program.
You're right, I just checked. Anyone know about how my chances would be for GW EA?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

boxie

New

Post by boxie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:24 pm

I think your chances are pretty good at GW - not that big of a jump. If you apply to GULC EA, there is no reason not to apply to GW as well, since you have to pull all the application materials together anyway.

doctoroflaw91

Bronze

Post by doctoroflaw91 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:03 pm

boxie wrote:I think your chances are pretty good at GW - not that big of a jump. If you apply to GULC EA, there is no reason not to apply to GW as well, since you have to pull all the application materials together anyway.
I second this. It's easy enough to send in both, especially if you are applying using the LSAC website, because all of your information will autofill from one application to the other. Moreover, neither school has a binding transfer process, so if you were to get into GW and not Georgetown, you could always apply for the regular decision transfer deadline, provided that your second semester grades permit you to do so.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”