Georgetown Transfer 2014

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
floridaabroad
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby floridaabroad » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:51 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:they will update them all on Monday with all materials that arrived prior to March 15.


Will this include my LSAC report? As I said in my first post, my application was received on March 14 and they submitted a request to LSAC that day, but it hasn't been processed by LSAC yet. Does it matter that at the time the request was sent, all of my material were with LSAC?

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 22012
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Nebby » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 pm

floridaabroad wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:they will update them all on Monday with all materials that arrived prior to March 15.


Will this include my LSAC report? As I said in my first post, my application was received on March 14 and they submitted a request to LSAC that day, but it hasn't been processed by LSAC yet. Does it matter that at the time the request was sent, all of my material were with LSAC?


I don't know. Why did you wait so long?

floridaabroad
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby floridaabroad » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:28 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
Why did you wait so long?


I have no good response to this question :?

User avatar
yolo420blazeit
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:21 am

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby yolo420blazeit » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:18 pm

floridaabroad wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:
Why did you wait so long?


I have no good response to this question :?

As long as you send the LSAC application on time, you should be fine with the other material arriving late.

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 22012
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Nebby » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:49 pm

To the folks that were submitting near the deadline, has your status checkers updated to application complete?

User avatar
yolo420blazeit
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:21 am

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby yolo420blazeit » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:52 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:To the folks that were submitting near the deadline, has your status checkers updated to application complete?

submitted first week of March. Updated 3/7. don't know if that's "near the deadline" enough for you but just fyi.

hth

wu27
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby wu27 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:52 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:To the folks that were submitting near the deadline, has your status checkers updated to application complete?

Last missing part of my application arrived last week, application went complete today

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 22012
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Nebby » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:59 pm

wu27 wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:To the folks that were submitting near the deadline, has your status checkers updated to application complete?

Last missing part of my application arrived last week, application went complete today


Glad to hear! That means they should have started reviewing them this week as I assumed. Best of luck.

txig
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby txig » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Is there a consensus on when folks are expecting decisions (Mid-April)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273470
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:51 pm

txig wrote:Is there a consensus on when folks are expecting decisions (Mid-April)?


Evidently, the first batch came out during the first week of April last year.

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 22012
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Nebby » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
txig wrote:Is there a consensus on when folks are expecting decisions (Mid-April)?


Evidently, the first batch came out during the first week of April last year.


Last year, status checker started having changes March 27th. So be on the look out this coming week!

txig
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby txig » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:48 pm

So does everyone's status just say "Application Completed?"

User avatar
bsktbll28082
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:25 am

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby bsktbll28082 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Mine does

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 22012
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Nebby » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:11 pm

bsktbll28082 wrote:Mine does


Samsies.

Application submitted: 2/17
Application complete: 2/20

Last year acceptances were predicted by whether or not the address on your status checker was adjusted. Such as "Apt" being changed to "Apartment." Or they will some of the time add "USA" to the country of origin or the address itself.

This has to do with the fact that they mail acceptance and email deferment. Last year, on 3/27 people had updates to their address and those people received acceptances. Other people had updates on 3/28, but didn't include any changes to their addresses. Those people got deferment emails.

So the address adjustments seem to be indicative, if following the trend from last year. Last year, 3/27 was the second Wednesday following the 3/15 deadline. This year the second Wednesday following the 3/15 deadline is tomorrow, 3/26. So it's highly possible there could be some status checker updates this week, if they are going to put the acceptances out at the same time as last year.

Lastly, none of the status checker updates (3/27 or 3/28) occurred until after 3:00 PM eastern time.

As you can tell, I combed through last year's thread with an eye for any detail I could find. Haha.

User avatar
yolo420blazeit
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:21 am

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby yolo420blazeit » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:26 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
bsktbll28082 wrote:Mine does


Samsies.

Application submitted: 2/17
Application complete: 2/20

Last year acceptances were predicted by whether or not the address on your status checker was adjusted. Such as "Apt" being changed to "Apartment." Or they will some of the time add "USA" to the country of origin or the address itself.

This has to do with the fact that they mail acceptance and email deferment. Last year, on 3/27 people had updates to their address and those people received acceptances. Other people had updates on 3/28, but didn't include any changes to their addresses. Those people got deferment emails.

So the address adjustments seem to be indicative, if following the trend from last year. Last year, 3/27 was the second Wednesday following the 3/15 deadline. This year the second Wednesday following the 3/15 deadline is tomorrow, 3/26. So it's highly possible there could be some status checker updates this week, if they are going to put the acceptances out at the same time as last year.

Lastly, none of the status checker updates (3/27 or 3/28) occurred until after 3:00 PM eastern time.

As you can tell, I combed through last year's thread with an eye for any detail I could find. Haha.

I love you

txig
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby txig » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:30 pm

yolo420blazeit wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:
bsktbll28082 wrote:Mine does


Samsies.

Application submitted: 2/17
Application complete: 2/20

Last year acceptances were predicted by whether or not the address on your status checker was adjusted. Such as "Apt" being changed to "Apartment." Or they will some of the time add "USA" to the country of origin or the address itself.

This has to do with the fact that they mail acceptance and email deferment. Last year, on 3/27 people had updates to their address and those people received acceptances. Other people had updates on 3/28, but didn't include any changes to their addresses. Those people got deferment emails.

So the address adjustments seem to be indicative, if following the trend from last year. Last year, 3/27 was the second Wednesday following the 3/15 deadline. This year the second Wednesday following the 3/15 deadline is tomorrow, 3/26. So it's highly possible there could be some status checker updates this week, if they are going to put the acceptances out at the same time as last year.

Lastly, none of the status checker updates (3/27 or 3/28) occurred until after 3:00 PM eastern time.

As you can tell, I combed through last year's thread with an eye for any detail I could find. Haha.

I love you



You are a saint! Thanks. I guess 3:00 p.m. tomorrow will be freak out time!

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 22012
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Nebby » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:48 pm

I should also add that the status checkers update at different times, because they are all manually done by admission staff due to the small volume of transfer applications (relative to regular admission). So the only similarity I found was after 3:00 pm. But that also means some weren't updated until close to 5:00 pm.

Also, admissions closes at 5:00 pm. So there will not be any changes after 5:00 pm either. (Not that it stops me from incessantly checking anyway)

User avatar
UnfrozenCaveman
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 pm

F5 all around.

I will say to all you incessant checkers that I got the email for multiple schools to which I applied during regular decisions last year before my status was updated.

User avatar
bsktbll28082
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:25 am

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby bsktbll28082 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 am

yolo- that was my exact response while reading counselor's post.

Time to freak out til about 3pm today then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273470
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:29 pm

bsktbll28082 wrote:yolo- that was my exact response while reading counselor's post.

Time to freak out til about 3pm today then.


Not that I will be constantly refreshing my status checker in class today or anything.

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 22012
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Nebby » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:33 pm

All of my insight solely derived from last year's transfer thread. So there is no reason why they would adhere to a similar schedule. We might not see any changes for two or three weeks.

I just hope not. Because by then I will have bitten all my nails off and started on my finger bones.

boxie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 am

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby boxie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Best of luck to you all. Two words of caution about anticipating off of last year's thread.

1. Last year was unprecedented and didn't match with the trend of the four or five years before that, where decisions had been tracking later and later, towards the end of April. Hopefully for all your sake, last year was the start of a new trend to give decisions in March, but don't get your hopes up too high.

2. Tomorrow and Friday the Admissions Office is holding an open house for admitted 0Ls. It's a pretty big operation, and I would imagine will preoccupy most of the staff for the next two days.

txig
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby txig » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:48 pm

boxie wrote:Best of luck to you all. Two words of caution about anticipating off of last year's thread.

1. Last year was unprecedented and didn't match with the trend of the four or five years before that, where decisions had been tracking later and later, towards the end of April. Hopefully for all your sake, last year was the start of a new trend to give decisions in March, but don't get your hopes up too high.

2. Tomorrow and Friday the Admissions Office is holding an open house for admitted 0Ls. It's a pretty big operation, and I would imagine will preoccupy most of the staff for the next two days.


Well that certainly has tempered my mood. Hopefully it is a new trend...

User avatar
bsktbll28082
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:25 am

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby bsktbll28082 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Anyone know some general numbers of how many transfer applications/acceptances there are? I read in one of the 'How To' transfer treads the incoming GULC transfer class was around 100.

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 22012
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Postby Nebby » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:34 pm

ABA data indicates they 112 incoming transfer students last year. 85 the year before.

2013:
http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... Report.pdf

2012:
https://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/ ... spx?sid=54




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.