Georgetown Transfer 2014 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JBCIV

New

Re: Georgetown Transfer 2014

Post by JBCIV » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:34 pm

lavenderpenguin wrote:
KingsCup wrote:
JBCIV wrote:Has anyone else on the wait list received a similar email - see below - take this as what?

I called and Admissions Office. They informed me that decisions would be sent out next week latest being Friday and that they strongly recommend waiting for next week before making any lease decisions, etc... So I am cautiously optimistic
at least they totally aren't taking us totally down to the wire...psyche
Did either of you write LOCIs, call Admissions, visit the school, etc. before receiving that email? I'm just curious if there's anything I can do to improve my chances at getting accepted off the waitlist next week too (since it seems like both of you might - congrats in advance!).
[/quote]

I wrote a LOCI after being waitlisted but did not do anything else. The email was actually unexpected, so we will see what happens this week...fingers crossed!

KingsCup

Bronze

Post by KingsCup » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:36 pm

I didn't do anything except to respond to the email once i got it, just hoping for news soon as my current school is trying to get me to handle stuff for it this week

also, did anyone else give them a deadline that they needed to know by?

JBCIV

New

Post by JBCIV » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 am

For any of you wondering when decisions will be made for next offer cycle - if there is one. I spoke with Admissions yesterday and confirmed that no decisions will be made until after Monday, July 28th, which happens to be a deposit date!

lavenderpenguin

New

Post by lavenderpenguin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:56 am

JBCIV wrote:For any of you wondering when decisions will be made for next offer cycle - if there is one. I spoke with Admissions yesterday and confirmed that no decisions will be made until after Monday, July 28th, which happens to be a deposit date!
Wait, didn't Admissions say that there might be some acceptances this week (Friday at the latest) during your last conversation with them?

JBCIV

New

Post by JBCIV » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:07 pm

lavenderpenguin wrote:
JBCIV wrote:For any of you wondering when decisions will be made for next offer cycle - if there is one. I spoke with Admissions yesterday and confirmed that no decisions will be made until after Monday, July 28th, which happens to be a deposit date!
Wait, didn't Admissions say that there might be some acceptances this week (Friday at the latest) during your last conversation with them?

They did, then they changed their minds. I asked them the same question. Apparently the person I spoke with, originally, was incorrect on the next date offers would be made.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bsktbll28082

Silver

Post by bsktbll28082 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Was there a consensus on who to address the LOCIs to? Dean Cornblatt?

kshs2014

New

Post by kshs2014 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:46 pm

just spoke to admissions regarding whether we'd hear back this week. i was also the recipient of that email mentioned earlier in the thread. there are no spots currently available and this late in the cycle they do not expect much, if any, movement.

Gotallanswers

Bronze

Post by Gotallanswers » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:01 pm

kshs2014 wrote:just spoke to admissions regarding whether we'd hear back this week. i was also the recipient of that email mentioned earlier in the thread. there are no spots currently available and this late in the cycle they do not expect much, if any, movement.
So they don't expect anyone to get on off the waitlist?

kshs2014

New

Post by kshs2014 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:
kshs2014 wrote:just spoke to admissions regarding whether we'd hear back this week. i was also the recipient of that email mentioned earlier in the thread. there are no spots currently available and this late in the cycle they do not expect much, if any, movement.

....that's what I took away from the brief conversation.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gotallanswers

Bronze

Post by Gotallanswers » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 pm

kshs2014 wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:

Then why don't they just take us off the waiting list. What happened to the deposit deadline that was suppose to be today......... This is all so stressful

kshs2014

New

Post by kshs2014 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:
kshs2014 wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:

Then why don't they just take us off the waiting list. What happened to the deposit deadline that was suppose to be today......... This is all so stressful
i guess they keep us around just in case. :(

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm

I don't know where you guys are getting your information, but i just got accepted off the waitlist.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:34 pm

derfs wrote:I don't know where you guys are getting your information, but i just got accepted off the waitlist.
HAHA! Dude you gotta go get a drink. Congrats bro :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rintina

New

Post by rintina » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:17 pm

I just got an acceptance email as well.
Last edited by rintina on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:51 pm

rintina wrote:I just got an acceptance email as well.
As much as I am excited, I am pretty concerned about the complication regarding not being able to participate in EIP nor journal. I was going to participate in another school's EIP and journal write-on.
What to do!?
PM me. I'm in the same situation.

lavenderpenguin

New

Post by lavenderpenguin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:46 am

derfs wrote:
As much as I am excited, I am pretty concerned about the complication regarding not being able to participate in EIP nor journal. I was going to participate in another school's EIP and journal write-on.
What to do!?
If you don't mind me asking, what are both of your stats (derfs and rintina)? And will you both be accepting Georgetown's offer?

JBCIV

New

Post by JBCIV » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 am

lavenderpenguin wrote:
derfs wrote:
What to do!?
If you don't mind me asking, what are both of your stats (derfs and rintina)? And will you both be accepting Georgetown's offer?

I would like to know as well. I posted the email earlier in this thread and did not get anything yesterday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kshs2014

New

Post by kshs2014 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 am

derfs wrote:I don't know where you guys are getting your information, but i just got accepted off the waitlist.
got the information directly from admissions, but congrats.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:57 pm

JBCIV wrote:
lavenderpenguin wrote:
derfs wrote:
What to do!?

I would like to know as well. I posted the email earlier in this thread and did not get anything yesterday.
Derf is still deciding. He's too hungover to post

lavenderpenguin

New

Post by lavenderpenguin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:46 pm

What to do!?
Do you know if you will be accepting the offer from Georgetown or not? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

rintina

New

Post by rintina » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Last edited by rintina on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:38 pm

FWIW, I did not receive an email last week from admissions asking if I was still interested in being considered for a spot.

If anyone wants to know my stats, feel free to PM me. Still deciding.

Edit: can't spell.
Last edited by derfs on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lavenderpenguin

New

Post by lavenderpenguin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:42 pm

derfs wrote:FWIW, I did not receive an email last week from admissions asking if I was still interested in being considered for a spot.

If anyone wants to know my status, feel free to PM me. Still deciding.
Thanks for letting us know that... it gives me a little bit of hope. Though I'm only around top 12% at a school ranked between 70-75, so not sure whether I should be optimistic or not.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:44 pm

derfs wrote:FWIW, I did not receive an email last week from admissions asking if I was still interested in being considered for a spot.

If anyone wants to know my status, feel free to PM me. Still deciding.
OMG ur alive

kshs2014

New

Post by kshs2014 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:45 pm

I got the email asking if i was still interested and then got an email saying i was among a handful of candidates under strong consideration for admission.

i can't take this anymore.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”