I think by Friday we'll see some movement on the actual status checker date.
ucc2207 wrote:However, deferral or acceptance there is no rush to get these decisions out. Could this be a new trend of mailing deferrals?
This is a rush. I want a reason to skip my bluebook exam for LR. :>
You should do the write on at your school anyway for several reasons:
1) There is no guarantee that you will get onto LR at your transfer school
2) Even if you do get onto LR at your transfer school you may not find out until (a) after submitting resume for OCI bidding, or worse, (b) after OCI altogether
3) You may only get onto a secondary journal at your transfer school.
In turn, if you do write onto LR at your 1L school,
1) You will be able to put "Invited to X School LR" on your resume, which is better than (a) no LR at transfer school, (b) haven't heard re: LR at transfer school yet, and (c) secondary journal at transfer school, or
2) You will be able to put "Invited to X School LR" on your resume AND "Invited to transfer school LR".
The benefits are clear: safety, if you don't get on new school LR, and doubly impressive, if you can put both. I don't think it's damning if you don't play it safe, but ITE why wouldn't you play it safe?