Transfer Resume

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer Resume

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Should a transfer resume be 1-page? Or should it be 2-pages, as is common with a normal law school app?

Thanks!

Nebby

Re: Transfer Resume

Postby Nebby » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:47 pm

I am applying for transfers soon, and I decided to use a one-page resume. From what I gather, your current school and law school GPA/Class rank are the most important factors considered for transfer applications. So what is on your resume will only provide small bumps to make you competitive above your peers with similar GPA/Class rank. Eg., if you're at a T1 school and in the top 5%, you could probably get into most T14 schools (except Yale) with a blank resume.

I did add a second page, but the only information it contains is the 1L offer I accepted for summer 2014 with the dates that I will be there and a one sentence summary of what the internship entails. (it's with the EPA's office of enforcement)

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:02 pm

1 page, there should be no reason why you cannot fit everything into one.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:should it be 2-pages, as is common with a normal law school app?

Not sure where you got this. One page is far more common.

BVest

Postby BVest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:should it be 2-pages, as is common with a normal law school app?

Not sure where you got this. One page is far more common.

Two is a common limit, IIRC.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Limit, sure, but that's something different.

Return to “Transfers”