TTT-->How High?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

TTT-->How High?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Ended first semester at a TTT in the Top 15%. Current scholarship has me paying slightly less than 2/3rds sticker price. I think I'm capable of working more efficiently this semester but that doesn't mean it will necessarily translate into a GPA rise. Would transfer to be considerably closer to family and to have better options for employment.

Off of these numbers I was wondering what would be a reasonable cap at transferring up and how worthwhile would it be. Keep price out for the time being.

Thanks.

UnfrozenCaveman

Re: TTT-->How High?

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Do you have scholarship money?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:59 pm

UnfrozenCaveman wrote:Do you have scholarship money?

Current scholarship money has me paying 60% of sticker.

UnfrozenCaveman

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:36 am

I know you said keep price out, but I tend to think that sticker at a low ranked school is a no brainer. I would think you can get into a tier 1 school. 60% of sticker may still be worth transferring. What's the job outlook like at your school? Is it an acceptable career trajectory for you?

But focus on grades, you can really jump up this semester especially if just one class or something messed up your GPA.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:44 am

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:17 pm

UnfrozenCaveman wrote:I know you said keep price out, but I tend to think that sticker at a low ranked school is a no brainer. I would think you can get into a tier 1 school. 60% of sticker may still be worth transferring. What's the job outlook like at your school? Is it an acceptable career trajectory for you?

But focus on grades, you can really jump up this semester especially if just one class or something messed up your GPA.

Not unacceptable. For the ranking employment isn't that bad. It isn't located in the market I would like to be working in but is relatively close. Biglaw placement is not unheard of but right around top 10%. A federal clerkship would be a shot in the dark.

Also I was waiting for someone to make the movie reference 8)

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:58 am

Well, what market do you want?

Return to “Transfers”