T2 part time transfer to T14 full time Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

T2 part time transfer to T14 full time

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:03 pm

I have read previous threads about transferring from part time, but I would like to see if there has been any recent success. I'm likely in the top 2% in an upper T2 (rankings not out yet). Some schools are flexible, but I want to know what my chances of transferring to T14 are.

Also if you know someone who done this, please share.

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Re: T2 part time transfer to T14 full time

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:17 pm

I'm sure you have a chance at at least lower t14 at this point.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:25 pm

The issue (as I understand) is that a lot of schools require you to have completed a certain amount of credits/hours before you can apply to transfer, and this gets complicated for transferring from part time (you likely won't have completed the required number of credits at the end of your 1L year, going part-time). For instance, Northwestern says, "To be considered for admission as a transfer student you must have earned at least 28 semester credit hours at a school accredited by the American Bar Association," and Penn says "Transfer applications will be considered only when the student has successfully completed all the courses required in the full-time 1L year of the home school." You're probably best off calling up the T14 schools you're interested in and asking them if this is possible in your situation. (That's one of the things that admissions people are there for - to answer questions - so you might as well take advantage of them.)

UndecidedMN

Bronze

Post by UndecidedMN » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:43 pm

I am not sure how many credits you have taken. But usually you can make it up in the summer. I took 6 credits in the summer to go from Part-time to a full-time transfer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 am

UndecidedMN wrote:I am not sure how many credits you have taken. But usually you can make it up in the summer. I took 6 credits in the summer to go from Part-time to a full-time transfer.
Did you transfer to a new school?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:16 am

UndecidedMN wrote:I am not sure how many credits you have taken. But usually you can make it up in the summer. I took 6 credits in the summer to go from Part-time to a full-time transfer.
Yeah, I wondered about this, except some schools say they don't even accept applications until you've completed those credits, which would make it really difficult to apply by the transfer deadlines. I would still check with the schools. (Looking at Penn again, it says, "Students enrolled in a part-time or evening division program at any time during their first year of study are not eligible to transfer." And Columbia says, "Transfer applicants must have completed a minimum of 28 law credits by the time they apply. In the majority of cases, we are unable to accept law credits from summer classes.")

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:33 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”