Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
tparil2

New

Transfer

Post by tparil2 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Can some at a higher T-20 transfer into Michigan with a little above median 3.33? Work related (midwesterner).

Danger Zone

Platinum

Re: Transfer

Post by Danger Zone » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:56 pm

tparil2 wrote:Can some at a higher T-20 transfer into Michigan with a little above median 3.33? Work related (midwesterner).
Unlikely but not impossible. Get your grades up this semester.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:56 pm

I started at a T20, and transferred up (though not to Michigan). I am almost certain that median grades aren't enough to transfer up. The only people who seemed to be getting transfer admits were approximately top 15% and up. Maybe one or two people below that mark transferred up, but highly doubt it.

tparil2

New

Post by tparil2 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm

kaiser wrote:I started at a T20, and transferred up (though not to Michigan). I am almost certain that median grades aren't enough to transfer up. The only people who seemed to be getting transfer admits were approximately top 15% and up. Maybe one or two people below that mark transferred up, but highly doubt it.
Danger Zone wrote:
tparil2 wrote:Can some at a higher T-20 transfer into Michigan with a little above median 3.33? Work related (midwesterner).
Unlikely but not impossible. Get your grades up this semester.
Thanks for the advice! Happy MLK day

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Like the others said, you'll need to bring your grades up this semester (to be safe within the top 15%).

I would like to put out words of caution that transferring is not always the right move and some people rush into it because of the perceived prestige bump and other considerations of convenience. It can actually damage your chances at OCI in some instances but if your reasons are to relocate into your home or desired market thats one of the circumstances where it probably makes sense. A lot would depend upon what school you're at now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”