Transfer Advice

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer Advice

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 pm

I am a part-time 1L at a top 50 school in the Mid-Atlantic. My first semester grades came back and I received an A and A- in my doctrinal courses, which are 4 credits each, and a B+ in my writing class, which is 2 credits. Combined I have a 3.73 gpa. Though rankings have not been released just yet, based on information provided by the school, I'd imagine it guarantees me at least in the Top 15% and possibly Top 10%.

I know there is a bit of complexity to transferring as a part-time student but I wanted to hear your thoughts about possibly transferring into the Top 14. I have no ties to my school and no financial aid. My top choice would be Georgetown, but, assuming I could keep this up and possibly do better, is there a chance I could reach higher than Georgetown? For this summer, I am taking a summer program trip to Turkey where I will add 6 more credits. Additionally, I will be working abroad at a law firm in Turkey.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it!

Return to “Transfers”