TTT 3.518 GPA -- a few questions Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
trepinator

New

TTT 3.518 GPA -- a few questions

Post by trepinator » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:28 pm

I just got my grades back from my first semester of law school. I go to a TTT. My school grades on a -b curve (2.87) and I have a 3.518. That should put me in the top 10% .I want to transfer to a T1 school and speaking to past individuals who have transferred from my school, it seems like I have a good shot. I know I still have a second semester to go, but I want to get my applications in early and I want to keep my options open. I have a couple of questions...

I have a pretty good internship this summer. A couple of the schools are requesting resumes. Is there any way I can include this internship on my resume?

For my personal statement, what should I say about why I want to transfer?

What do you think my chances of getting into a t1 are?

Is it worth it if they give me a large scholarship?

Thank you for the help!
Last edited by trepinator on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brorepresentation1

New

Re: TTT 3.518 GPA -- a few questions

Post by brorepresentation1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:19 am

what is your class rank?
Last edited by brorepresentation1 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 am

trepinator wrote:My school curves on a -b curve . . .
???
brorepresentation1 wrote:what is your class rank? Are you top 5/10/15/20%?
This.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

timmyd

Bronze

Post by timmyd » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 am

What school do you go to? The curve you mention sounds very similar to the one I had last year. With your grades you figure to be right on the cusp of the 10% threshold but it wouldn't surprise me if you missed it by a couple of spots. If I were you I would devote my entire life to improving that gpa. I had a gpa similar to yours first semester, busted balls and ended up with a 3.8 second semester. That would put you near the top 5 margin, which was golden for me last cycle (acceptances from GULC, Texas, WUSTL, no rejections).
As far as applications, blanket the top 20 to 25 if you can increase the gpa a little bit. If you can get top 5%, lower t14s and great regionals like UT become options depending on letters of rec. I repeat however, that at this point you should devote your entire life to your studies if you have no already done so. Even if you did well on exams, go see teachers and get feedback on what you did right and wrong. I also think it was huge to get a couple of highest grade awards.
Lastly, is it worth it to give up a scholly? Personal question but for me it was. I believe I made the right call but I will say this...I don't have an nlj 250 gig this summer. I am working at a 40 attorney firm in a small market while people I was ranked higher than at my old school have 2 sessions with large firms this summer. On the other hand, the education I have received at my new school has been immeasurably better than my old school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”