Transferring Down

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Transferring Down

Postby RubyCopper » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Hey All-

I recently got engaged and I would like to move to live closer to my fiance, but it means transferring down. Is it as difficult to transfer from a top law school to a low tier (unranked I think) law school? All I really read on this is about transferring up.

Re: Transferring Down

Postby northwood » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:25 pm

First of all: CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT. Now, its probably easier, but don't make a big decision based on emotions. This is a major decision and you should really do your diligence before doing so. Are there other schools that feed into your now new target market? Why did you choose this school in the first place ( seems if you are now engaged that it was serious before you started). While this is something to do, think this through before you do make up your mind.

Re: Transferring Down

Postby cinephile » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:42 pm

You can always spend a year as a visiting student if being away for the next couple of years is too hard. I know a couple here where the husband spent his last year visiting where she lives, and he still gets to graduate with the degree from the school he chose.

Return to “Transfers”