CCN to YSH for academia?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PBJones

CCN to YSH for academia?

Postby PBJones » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Heyo, I'm in my first year at CCN and enjoying it. But I'm interested in academia as a career. Given that, would it be worth it to transfer to YSH? What would it take, grades-wise, for me to transfer? (In terms of UG, I had mediocre softs, a 3.6x GPA from TTT, and a 99th percentile LSAT.) Finally, which of YSH would give me the best prospects for academia?

wiz

Re: CCN to YSH for academia?

Postby wiz » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Probably not (you should try to establish relationships with profs). Top 10-20%. Yale.

Also, this.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:34 pm

Starting at YHS would give you a better shot at legal academia than starting at CCN. Transferring, though, is likely to just be a wash - if you get the grades and connections needed to transfer, you'll be starting fresh at you're new school, and you would have had the credentials from your old school to make the run at the meat market anyway.

The most important factor is going to be your potential to publish. With the grades to transfer to YHS, that's all you'll need to focus on. Without the grades to transfer, you won't be able to transfer.

In short, I would put it out of your mind. At that level, the benefit is really only before you know how you do 1L.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Also, please read the rules for the transfer forum (or what wiz said): viewtopic.php?f=27&t=170597

Return to “Transfers”