Can I transfer?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
albright

Can I transfer?

Postby albright » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:58 pm

I transferred from the LLM program. Although I am a 2l student, this year, I am studying all the 1l courses.
In my situation, Can I transfer to another law school?

wiz

Re: Can I transfer?

Postby wiz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm

albright wrote:I transferred from the LLM program. Although I am a 2l student, this year, I am studying all the 1l courses.

I think you can technically apply for transfer, but if you do, you might be forced to give up your LLM credits. Only 30-32 credits can be transferred to your new school.

BVest

Re: Can I transfer?

Postby BVest » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:41 pm

albright wrote:I transferred from the LLM program. Although I am a 2l student, this year, I am studying all the 1l courses.

Do you get to keep and use all your LLM credits towards your JD? If so, as stated, that's a lot of credits you would be giving back (and basically a full year's tuition that will go 'poof').

What are your reasons for wanting to transfer? Depending on your reasons you might want to look into whether you can be a visiting student at the school that you would otherwise apply to transfer to in your 3L year. Take note, however, some schools require that your final semester or even final year take place at the school of record (i.e. they only allow their students to be visiting students at another school during 2L year).

Return to “Transfers”