Transfer performance at new school

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
timmyd

Transfer performance at new school

Postby timmyd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:14 am

I thought I would post a thread in the hopes of determining how well transfer students perform at their new school. I don't know if there is a patten or if the evidence is largely sporadic but I am curious. Does anyone with experience in this matter, especially those who have jumped from third tier to t14/15, have anything to share?

jessuf

Re: Transfer performance at new school

Postby jessuf » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:30 am

I did third tier to T14. My school doesn't rank, but I am somewhere between top third and top 10%. I've taken mostly big lecture courses but some seminars as well. I wish I took more seminars second year because they have much better curves. If I could do it over again, I would take my writing requirement seminar in fall instead of spring for a.) possible publishable note, b.) LOR for clerkships, c.) easy A. I also would research courses/professors better because professors with harsh curves screwed me in some classes.

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:26 am

Here's an older thread with some answers relevant to your question.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=162077

UnfrozenCaveman

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:36 am

How do you know who has tough curves?

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm

UnfrozenCaveman wrote:How do you know who has tough curves?

Grade distributions, ask 3Ls.

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:43 pm

I'm slightly better at my new school. I was top 30% at T3, transferred to T1 and I'm top 20%.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:31 pm

T1 (top 5%) -> CLS (top ~20%).

Return to “Transfers”