SOUTHWESTERN V. LOYOLA

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

SOUTHWESTERN V. LOYOLA

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:05 pm

I have applied to transfer and got accepted to southwestern and loyola..but here is my problem.

I have secured a full time federal district court externship (full time required) and have taken summer school at my current school.

Southwestern will transfer all my credits including summer school and will allow me to do my full time externship for the full 10 units while taking a class in the evening.

Loyola will only take 4 of my units I have taken during summer (I took a full load b/c of a program I was in at my current law school) and will probably only grant me 6 units for a full time externship, essentially making it a "part time" externship even though I would be there full time. Therefore in order to be full time, I would have to take an additional 6-7 units in addition to the full time externship.

I guess my main concern is how prestigious is the fed dist. externship? Also is the rank of Loyola worth the money I spent in summer school?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!! ANYTHING IS HELPFUL!

THANK YOU!

nebbersa

Re: SOUTHWESTERN V. LOYOLA

Postby nebbersa » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:25 pm

I cannot stress this enough: YES, a federal district court externship is absolutely prestigious. Go to Loyola.

stuckinthemiddle

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Wait. Where are you transferring from and how much money do you currently have?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:47 pm

nebbersa, what if loyola forces me to give up my federal district externship? should i still go to loyola?

stuckinthemiddle, im transferring from an unranked school and I have about 10K scholarships.

MormonChristian

Postby MormonChristian » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have applied to transfer and got accepted to southwestern and loyola..but here is my problem.

have taken summer school at my current school.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!! ANYTHING IS HELPFUL!

THANK YOU!

Why did you take summer school if your plan was to transfer?

nebbersa

Postby nebbersa » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:nebbersa, what if loyola forces me to give up my federal district externship? should i still go to loyola?

stuckinthemiddle, im transferring from an unranked school and I have about 10K scholarships.

Go to Loyola, trust me on this you won't regret it. Call the Registrar at Loyola and tell them that you want to do a federal district court externship. Do not take no for an answer. There is no way that Loyola would not let one of its students to do a federal externship. That would make them look silly to the Judge's chambers and would discourage other students from going to Loyola in the future.

Return to “Transfers”