Multiple OCIs

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PinkRevolver

Multiple OCIs

Postby PinkRevolver » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:56 pm

S
Last edited by PinkRevolver on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koalatriste

Re: Multiple OCIs

Postby koalatriste » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:03 pm

if GW is your best transfer option, you're probably not going to get anything out of OCI anyways. sorry.

Nammertat

Postby Nammertat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:45 pm

koalatriste wrote:if GW is your best transfer option, you're probably not going to get anything out of OCI anyways. sorry.

I know multiple people who have got BigLaw as transfers to GW. PM if you have questions.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:08 pm

PinkRevolver wrote:Situation: Transferring from American WCL. So far admitted into GW, wait listed at a T14 (not GULC, still haven't heard from them). Paid the deposit for GW because I wasn't tryna get locked out of having any OCI. Since I paid, I had access to the website and made bids for OCI. However, if I get off the wait list I'm gonna go to the T14.
ALSO, before I paid that deposit, I had put in bids for WCL's OCI since I hadn't heard from anywhere yet.

And I'm pretty sure the OCI deadline for the T14 already passed.

Question: What's going to happen to all of these bids if I get off the wait list? Once the deadline passes everything is sent to employers so would I have to contact them and tell them the situation? Or would I be able to do that OCI if they picked me but I was attending a different school? Just trying to get a guestimate of exactly how much I am potentially screwed.

If you cannot do OCI at the T14, you really shouldn't attend.

GWU isn't going to let you do OCI at their school if you aren't attending. I dunno if they'd figure it out before OCI happens or what. And I have no clue how a firm would feel about you doing OCI at GW, and then during the call back suddenly start going to Cornell.

Return to “Transfers”