Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Best Choice

Michigan
2
9%
Berkeley
10
45%
Duke
10
45%
 
Total votes: 22

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi all,

Aiming for Big Law in a warm climate - I was admitted on transfer to Michigan, Berkeley and Duke. I am strongly leaning towards Duke. Thoughts?

Thanks!

User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

Postby westcoast » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all,

Aiming for Big Law in a warm climate - I was admitted on transfer to Michigan, Berkeley and Duke. I am strongly leaning towards Duke. Thoughts?

Thanks!


What do you mean by warm climate? California, Southwest in general? Seems like Berkeley would be tough to beat.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7299
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Do you have any other preferences? "A warm climate" makes this tough to narrow down, other than obviously eliminating Michigan. Also, don't you have any better reasons for transferring? Please say that you do.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Do you have any other preferences? "A warm climate" makes this tough to narrow down, other than obviously eliminating Michigan. Also, don't you have any better reasons for transferring? Please say that you do.


Hi. Yeah, sorry I was so vague about geography. I am currently in a warm climate. So no, it is not just about the weather. I prefer the SE part of the U.S. So that is why I am leaning towards Duke.

User avatar
EMH99
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

Postby EMH99 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Aiming for Big Law in a warm climate - I was admitted on transfer to Michigan, Berkeley and Duke. I am strongly leaning towards Duke. Thoughts?



Average lows range from 18-62 in Ann Arbor, from 42-54 in Berkeley, and from 27-68 in Durham.

I think the answer is easy.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7299
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I prefer the SE part of the U.S. So that is why I am leaning towards Duke.

EMH99 wrote:I think the answer is easy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I prefer the SE part of the U.S. So that is why I am leaning towards Duke.

EMH99 wrote:I think the answer is easy.


Yeah, that's what I thought. I just needed you crazy kids to confirm it for me. Thanks everyone.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

Postby curious66 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Do you have any other preferences? "A warm climate" makes this tough to narrow down, other than obviously eliminating Michigan. Also, don't you have any better reasons for transferring? Please say that you do.


Hi. Yeah, sorry I was so vague about geography. I am currently in a warm climate. So no, it is not just about the weather. I prefer the SE part of the U.S. So that is why I am leaning towards Duke.


My vote would be for Duke although San Francisco would be a really great place to live for 3 years. Duke is extremely strong for big law -- and places well in NY, DC and CA.. and it is huge in the south in general. Michigan is awesome but cold

LAFALCON
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:45 am

Re: Duke vs. Michigan vs. Berkeley

Postby LAFALCON » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:18 pm

I am a Stanford undergrad who has had several friends at bolat and am a current duke law student id choose Duke because of small class size but feel free to pm




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.