Not withdrawing other apps after accepting

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Not withdrawing other apps after accepting

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:29 pm

So, I accepted at Berkeley, but also have apps outstanding to a few other places. I need to know, for curiosity's sake whether I will get into the others or not. There is a 95% I'd go to Berkeley, but I just need to know about the other ones. What is the worst that can happen if you don't withdraw your other applications after "accepting" at a school?

brotherdarkness

Re: Not withdrawing other apps after accepting

Postby brotherdarkness » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:42 pm

I posted this elsewhere. It bears repeating. Nothing. Lsac guidelines say schools shouldn't ask students to withdraw elsewhere.

Everyone but me at sls dropped Berks after getting in at sls despite the exact.same.language.

I withdrew. Faye accepted me anyways. Schools know what's up.

If you don't trust me: lsac:

http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/publi ... oodadm.pdf

Quote:

After April 1, except under binding early decision plans, every applicant should be free to accept a new offer from a law school even though a scholarship has been accepted,
a deposit has been paid, or a commitment has been made to another school. To provide applicants with an uncoerced choice among various law schools, no excessive nonrefundable deposit should be required solely to maintain a place in the class. Beginning on May 15 of each year, law schools that participate in the Commitment Overlap Service will be provided with information concerning all enrollment commitments.

Worried about the last part? LOCI

guano

Postby guano » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:03 pm

^ as an FYI, the above applies to new admittance received after you accept.
In OP's case, that's exactly what's described, so it's fine

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:06 pm

most schools that make it seem like you need to withdraw pending applications dont actually say so. they are vague and ambiguous, trying to make you believe thats what you need to do...when it's really not.

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:43 pm

guano wrote:^ as an FYI, the above applies to new admittance received after you accept.
In OP's case, that's exactly what's described, so it's fine

Exactly

Return to “Transfers”