UF and FSU 2013 transfers

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Law Student 1234

UF and FSU 2013 transfers

Postby Law Student 1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 am

Has any one heard from either UF or FSU yet? I have been "complete" at FSU since monday and went under review at UF today.

OSUDEVIL

Re: UF and FSU 2013 transfers

Postby OSUDEVIL » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Law Student 1234 wrote:Has any one heard from either UF or FSU yet? I have been "complete" at FSU since monday and went under review at UF today.

I was complete at FSU for a while, went under review on Tuesday, got accepted Wednesday. So Should be quick once you go under review...but not sure about UF's process.

Law Student 1234

Postby Law Student 1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:49 pm

OSUDEVIL wrote:
Law Student 1234 wrote:Has any one heard from either UF or FSU yet? I have been "complete" at FSU since monday and went under review at UF today.

I was complete at FSU for a while, went under review on Tuesday, got accepted Wednesday. So Should be quick once you go under review...but not sure about UF's process.

Thanks. Mine is still just "complete" so I guess it should go under review soon. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats that got you in as FSU?

Florida-Georgia Line

Postby Florida-Georgia Line » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:57 pm

I sent in my applications the last week of June and I heard from both schools within the week (which is shocking because UF usually takes their time with admission decisions). I pretty much lateral transferred so that may have had something to do with it. FSU's deadline for my response was July 17th - so I imagine they will send out the next batch of acceptances after that. UF's deadline for me was July 26th.

Law Student 1234

Postby Law Student 1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Florida-Georgia Line wrote:I sent in my applications the last week of June and I heard from both schools within the week (which is shocking because UF usually takes their time with admission decisions). I pretty much lateral transferred so that may have had something to do with it. FSU's deadline for my response was July 17th - so I imagine they will send out the next batch of acceptances after that. UF's deadline for me was July 26th.

How did you find out those decision deadlines? I don't think I was given any dates for decision deadlines.

Florida-Georgia Line

Postby Florida-Georgia Line » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Law Student 1234 wrote:
Florida-Georgia Line wrote:I sent in my applications the last week of June and I heard from both schools within the week (which is shocking because UF usually takes their time with admission decisions). I pretty much lateral transferred so that may have had something to do with it. FSU's deadline for my response was July 17th - so I imagine they will send out the next batch of acceptances after that. UF's deadline for me was July 26th.

How did you find out those decision deadlines? I don't think I was given any dates for decision deadlines.

Sorry I meant that was my deadline for accepting my seat. I was offered a seat at both schools. Also now that I am thinking about my response - I should probably preface this. I have read threads saying that the schools send out decisions in batches. I assumed this was accurate with how it worked since I received emails from organizations with other transfers listed in the days following my acceptance.

Either way, maybe this is what you were looking for: I was complete at FSU two days before I was admitted. My file never went complete at UF. It went from missing documents to decision reached. My documents had been turned in on the checklist but they never changed the status.
Last edited by Florida-Georgia Line on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Law Student 1234

Postby Law Student 1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Florida-Georgia Line wrote:
Law Student 1234 wrote:

Sorry I meant that was my deadline for accepting my seat. I was offered a seat at both schools.

Oh got ya. I'm hoping to hear back soon!!

Law Student 1234

Postby Law Student 1234 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Still not even under review at FSU, application has been complete since 7/8. Anyone on here think that is very odd or is that normal there?

Florida-Georgia Line

Postby Florida-Georgia Line » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:08 pm

I think it's a little odd. FSU is usually very quick at getting back with decisions. I applied last year and this year (for a transfer) and got acceptances within a week of sending in my application both times. But I hear FSU is very transfer friendly (accepted as many as 75), so maybe they are watching their numbers.

Law Student 1234

Postby Law Student 1234 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Florida-Georgia Line wrote:I think it's a little odd. FSU is usually very quick at getting back with decisions. I applied last year and this year (for a transfer) and got acceptances within a week of sending in my application both times. But I hear FSU is very transfer friendly (accepted as many as 75), so maybe they are watching their numbers.

Interesting. I know they are on a rolling admission so maybe they are just taking a while longer this application cycle.

Florida-Georgia Line

Postby Florida-Georgia Line » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:35 pm

If I was you, I would contact the school - just email and find out why you are not yet under review. I did that with UF and got my decision expedited. It could just be an oversight.

Law Student 1234

Postby Law Student 1234 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Florida-Georgia Line wrote:If I was you, I would contact the school - just email and find out why you are not yet under review. I did that with UF and got my decision expedited. It could just be an oversight.

I am definitely giving admissions a call tomorrow morning. Something has got to be wrong to be complete for over two weeks and still not under review especially when classes start in just about 1 month.

spanky321

Postby spanky321 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Hey. I applied as a transfer to FSU as well. Application went complete on 7/9 and it is still showing complete. Did you find out anything from admissions office when you gave them a call? Hope I hear something soon.

Law Student 1234

Postby Law Student 1234 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:58 pm

spanky321 wrote:Hey. I applied as a transfer to FSU as well. Application went complete on 7/9 and it is still showing complete. Did you find out anything from admissions office when you gave them a call? Hope I hear something soon.

They pretty mush just told me that decisions can take up to 3 weeks and are made on a rolling basis. They did tell me that unlike most schools, after status says "complete" it then goes to the decision when it is rendered and never says "under review"or anything like that. So complete means the application is already under the review process.

spanky321

Postby spanky321 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Law Student 1234 wrote:
spanky321 wrote:Hey. I applied as a transfer to FSU as well. Application went complete on 7/9 and it is still showing complete. Did you find out anything from admissions office when you gave them a call? Hope I hear something soon.

They pretty mush just told me that decisions can take up to 3 weeks and are made on a rolling basis. They did tell me that unlike most schools, after status says "complete" it then goes to the decision when it is rendered and never says "under review"or anything like that. So complete means the application is already under the review process.

Oh okay, great. Thank you for the information. Keep me posted. I will post on here when mine changes as well. Best of luck- hope to see you in Tallahassee soon!

spanky321

Postby spanky321 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm

UPDATE: Was accepted to FSU this morning via phone call and an email. Status checker says "Decision rendered."

Lawstudent121212

Postby Lawstudent121212 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:53 pm

I applied to UF and FSU as a transfer.
My status for UF says "Under Initial Review By Committie", does anyone know how long it takes for them to make a decision?
Can you provide your story? (i.e., Under Review on 1/1/15, decision made 1/14/15)

Return to “Transfers”