Made LR, but GPA/rank went down - Sent LOCI? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Made LR, but GPA/rank went down - Sent LOCI?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:45 pm

I made LR at my old school, but my GPA/rank also went down. Some threads have suggested sending LOCIs and including an updated resume to reflect journal, moot court, and whatever other invitations/honors. Should I still do this? Sending an updated resume reflecting LR invitation (actually LR + two secondaries) would mean I'd also have to update my lower GPA/rank.

UVAIce

Bronze

Re: Made LR, but GPA/rank went down - Sent LOCI?

Post by UVAIce » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:05 pm

Aren't they going to want your full transcript before they make a decisions? In that case you'd probably be hurting yourself for not letting them know you're on LR. Is it just a grade one or does your school do a hybrid or write on only system.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:14 pm

UVAIce wrote:Aren't they going to want your full transcript before they make a decisions? In that case you'd probably be hurting yourself for not letting them know you're on LR. Is it just a grade one or does your school do a hybrid or write on only system.
Yeah, they have the final transcript, but not my new (lower) rank which was only released recently. Flagship LR is hybrid: top 5% grade on, bottom 5% eliminated, the in betweens are calculated based on write on and grades. I was an in-between. Secondary journals, one was grade on and the other was bluebook on.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
UVAIce wrote:Aren't they going to want your full transcript before they make a decisions? In that case you'd probably be hurting yourself for not letting them know you're on LR. Is it just a grade one or does your school do a hybrid or write on only system.
Yeah, they have the final transcript, but not my new (lower) rank which was only released recently. Flagship LR is hybrid: top 5% grade on, bottom 5% eliminated, the in betweens are calculated based on write on and grades. I was an in-between. Secondary journals, one was grade on and the other was bluebook on.
youll get more out of revealing LR than by trying to hide your rank. if someone else applies from your school with their rank, it wont be hard to figure out yours.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:49 pm

stillwater wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
youll get more out of revealing LR than by trying to hide your rank. if someone else applies from your school with their rank, it wont be hard to figure out yours.
Even though my rank went from inside top 10% to outside top 15%? I mean, I know it won't be hard to figure it out, but putting it right on there pretty much guarantees they see that I'm now only top 16% in the class, and that's pretty damning, no?

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
stillwater wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Even though my rank went from inside top 10% to outside top 15%? I mean, I know it won't be hard to figure it out, but putting it right on there pretty much guarantees they see that I'm now only top 16% in the class, and that's pretty damning, no?
i dont think they're stupid.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”