D/M/V --> B/S Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Stay w/ LR? Or go?

Stay at D/M/V with Law Review, and try to get a west coast job from there.
19%
Go to Berkeley and try to write-on law review
13%
Go to Berkeley and forget law review
13%
Let Berkeley's offer expire, go to Stanford (if accepted) or otherwise stay at D/M/V
56%

Total votes: 16

Anonymous User

D/M/V --> B/S

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:21 am

OK that subject line needs some work, and in another context might be a broad frustration most people have whenever their license needs renewal.

Anyway, I'm Duke/Michigan/Virginia, top 20%, law review, trying to get back to the bay for pretty strong personal reasons. Got into Berkeley, waiting on Stanford. Berkeley's offer expires before Stanford makes decisions, so what should I do? Trying to get to west coast, may consider clerkship/academia in the future, mostly just want to work biglaw in SF.

Side note, I'm hesitant with jobs to lose law review. Can I leave law review along with my old school on my resume just to show I had it?

7ED

Bronze

Re: D/M/V --> B/S

Post by 7ED » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Um.. why not just put down the berkely deposit, and then forfeit it if Stanford lets you in... The only one who will care is Stanford, and you can just call them up and ask if they are okay with that (pretty sure the answer will be yes).

Anonymous User

Re: D/M/V --> B/S

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:17 am

There is no deposit, they assume that if you accept you're a person of your word. I don't know if that affects C&F, but I'm just assuming it does for purposes of the poll, that I can't renege on accepting.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”