Requested Class Rank But My LS Doesnt Give Exact Numbers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Requested Class Rank But My LS Doesnt Give Exact Numbers

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Not sure what to do. Stanford contacted me today asking me for my exact ranking but my school only does the top %....

Advice?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Requested Class Rank But My LS Doesnt Give Exact Numbers

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Tell them your school doesn't release that information to students, and give them the contact info for your dean/registrar? Let them tell Stanford they can't get your exact rank.

(At least, that is what I would do, but that's not based on experience.)

lasersgopewpew

Bronze

Post by lasersgopewpew » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:12 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Tell them your school doesn't release that information to students, and give them the contact info for your dean/registrar? Let them tell Stanford they can't get your exact rank.

(At least, that is what I would do, but that's not based on experience.)
This. Your school has to know, otherwise they wouldn't be able to form the deciles. I guess you could devise a system by which you didn't match students to their GPAs for the purpose of a ranking list, but that seems like a stretch. Even then, ultimately someone would know (or be able to determine) your precise rank.

pbfoot

Bronze

Post by pbfoot » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 pm

asked the same of me, had my school's registrar send S an email confirmation that they don't numerically rank

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”