Fordham or GW Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Kirkhor23

New

Fordham or GW

Post by Kirkhor23 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Hey All,
I got into Fordham and GW. I would like to work in NYC after I am finished with school, maybe get a clerkship if possible, which school would be better fitted towards that end?

Dawkins

New

Re: Fordham or GW

Post by Dawkins » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Kirkhor23 wrote:Hey All,
I got into Fordham and GW. I would like to work in NYC after I am finished with school, maybe get a clerkship if possible, which school would be better fitted towards that end?
Seems like Fordham would be much better if you want to work in Manhattan. You'll be able to do externships in the city. They probably have an equal chance of getting you a clerkship.

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:25 pm

It has to come down to what type of law you want to do, and what the total COA for each school ends up being. Need more info... If you're going IP/Patent, it's an easy GW choice. If you're going corporate and you want NYC for sure, then it goes to Fordham. (of course, this is all swayed by $$$$)

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Fordham doesnt let you do OCI. so kinda useless

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:49 pm

stillwater wrote:
Fordham doesnt let you do OCI. so kinda useless
To me, this is a deal breaker.

fanlinxun

Bronze

Post by fanlinxun » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:06 pm

PM me if you want some perspective from someone who has been through this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”