Emory transfers

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rtb2008x

Emory transfers

Postby rtb2008x » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Anyone else get accepted as a transfer to Emory Law for the Fall??

Maxmart2013

Re: Emory transfers

Postby Maxmart2013 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Still waiting! How long did you have to wait after your application went to committee?

gortega86

Postby gortega86 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:56 pm

I have been accepted and will be attending. Looking for housing right now. :D

gortega86

Postby gortega86 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Maxmart2013 wrote:Still waiting! How long did you have to wait after your application went to committee?

Not even a week.

rtb2008x

Postby rtb2008x » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Mine was only under review for a day before acceptance.

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Accepted today via phone call. Anyone planning on attending?

marleneotero

Postby marleneotero » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 pm

My application was deferred a month ago and I am still waiting to hear. I just called Monday and was informed that my application is still in review. Not feeling hopeful. :(

RodneyBoonfield

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Advice for all of you looking to transfer: recently in my transfer posts I have been very adamant that the right call is to "stay" if you're in the top 1-5 percent at say Barry or John Marshall ATL with a substantial scholarship and you want to go to Emory or Notre Dame or WUSTL or whatever (assuming you have the appropriate ties, of course). After talking to recent grads from the school that I transferred out of, it has come to my attention that people in the 1-5 percent category are not doing NEARLY as well the employment data in general or their specific class ranking would lead you to think. Do yourself a favor. Talk to people. Talk to recent grads from the school you are transferring out of and get a feel for what (if anything) they have lined up and how they got it. Then talk to grads from the school you want to go to around between median (because assume you will end up there). Talk to people around top 1/3 and talk to people in the bottom 1/3. I have a feeling that this will give you a better idea of the potential outcome of the bet that you are making.

Sidenote: I am not sure how you would get this information. I would just talk to administration at both schools. Maybe career services has some sort of data that include where someone finished in their class/their outcome.

This sounds like a lot of work and it probably is. That being said, think of the enormous consequences of the decision you are about to make.

Return to “Transfers”