Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
wsn88831
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby wsn88831 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:41 pm

In as well.

BSJ4545
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:22 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BSJ4545 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Is it a bad thing if mine still says "being reviewed"?

BSJ4545
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:22 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BSJ4545 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Also, anyone that got in care to share stats to give a guy some hope? (Or quash the hope that I do have?)

wsn88831
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby wsn88831 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:55 pm

BSJ4545 wrote:Also, anyone that got in care to share stats to give a guy some hope? (Or quash the hope that I do have?)


Sure, mine is low T2 #1

User avatar
UnfrozenCaveman
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Low t2 just outside top 5%. Work experience.

BSJ4545
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:22 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BSJ4545 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks, looks like decisions are done for today.

User avatar
greenchair
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:04 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby greenchair » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm

In.
Last edited by greenchair on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BSJ4545
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:22 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BSJ4545 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:42 pm

greenchair wrote:In. Chicago T2; 15%; law review; 1L SA; 2 yrs WE


Thanks. Maybe a dumb question but what's "SA"?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby stillwater » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:44 pm

BSJ4545 wrote:
greenchair wrote:In. Chicago T2; 15%; law review; 1L SA; 2 yrs WE


Thanks. Maybe a dumb question but what's "SA"?


Summer Associate BRO

BSJ4545
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:22 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BSJ4545 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:57 pm

stillwater wrote:
BSJ4545 wrote:
greenchair wrote:In. Chicago T2; 15%; law review; 1L SA; 2 yrs WE


Thanks. Maybe a dumb question but what's "SA"?


Summer Associate BRO


Hah oh yeah. Figured it was a stupid question.

K Rock
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby K Rock » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:02 pm

In via e-mail today. Top quarter at T25.

User avatar
3toilettiers
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby 3toilettiers » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm

.
Last edited by 3toilettiers on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ejlions84
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:51 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby ejlions84 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:32 am

Congrats to you all. Still waiting to hear. Not super optimistic at this point

Transfer13
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby Transfer13 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am

Congrats to all admits!

How long after sending in materials did it take for everyone to go complete? I applied late so not expecting fast movement but just wanting to align expectations

User avatar
zozin
Posts: 3733
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby zozin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:42 am

Transfer13 wrote:Congrats to all admits!

How long after sending in materials did it take for everyone to go complete? I applied late so not expecting fast movement but just wanting to align expectations

Applied 30th, went complete the 2nd, admit the 10th. Seems like top 25% @ T25 is enough.

Transfer13
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby Transfer13 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 am

zozin wrote:
Transfer13 wrote:Congrats to all admits!

How long after sending in materials did it take for everyone to go complete? I applied late so not expecting fast movement but just wanting to align expectations

Applied 30th, went complete the 2nd, admit the 10th. Seems like top 25% @ T25 is enough.


Wow okay that is fast movement.

I am top 5% at lower T2 but I have 6 yrs WE in software so we'll see.

User avatar
greenchair
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:04 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby greenchair » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:48 am

Transfer13 wrote:
zozin wrote:
Transfer13 wrote:Congrats to all admits!

How long after sending in materials did it take for everyone to go complete? I applied late so not expecting fast movement but just wanting to align expectations

Applied 30th, went complete the 2nd, admit the 10th. Seems like top 25% @ T25 is enough.


Wow okay that is fast movement.

I am top 5% at lower T2 but I have 6 yrs WE in software so we'll see.


Applied 7/1. Complete 7/2. In 7/10.

Chicago T2; 15%.

koolsk8erboi
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby koolsk8erboi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:33 am

To those of you who have been admitted- did you write either of the optional essays? Also, who is definitely attending NU and who plans to take their talents elsewhere?

Thanks, and congrats.

User avatar
UnfrozenCaveman
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:40 am

I did not write any optional essays

User avatar
greenchair
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:04 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby greenchair » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:58 am

koolsk8erboi wrote:To those of you who have been admitted- did you write either of the optional essays? Also, who is definitely attending NU and who plans to take their talents elsewhere?

Thanks, and congrats.


I wrote both optional essays because my personal statement didn't *really* answer the prompt.

User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby westcoast » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm also in. Congrats guys!

hoops4life
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby hoops4life » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Congrats to those admitted!

Also interested in koolsk8erboi's question - anybody that's been admitted planning on withdrawing? Just looking for some hope for those of us still waiting on a decision.

koolsk8erboi
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby koolsk8erboi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:30 pm

westcoast wrote:I'm also in. Congrats guys!

Westcoast- were you just notified of your admission today? Or did you hear on Wednesday?

BSJ4545
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:22 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BSJ4545 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Is there any rhyme or reason why certain people have heard and others have not?

Jimbo_Jones
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:36 am

Re: Northwestern Transfers Waiting Thread 2013

Postby Jimbo_Jones » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:23 pm

@tweetsbyjohann: Adcom going over more transfer apps late this afternoon with an eye towards decisions on Tuesday.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.