FSU transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Law Student 1234

FSU transfer

Postby Law Student 1234 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Just finished my first year at Barry. Finished with a 2.8 top 30%. Had a way better spring semester than fall which shows improvement. What does any one think my realistic chances are in transferring to FSU or UF. I spoke to admissions at FSU and they said thats pretty much exactly what they look for but in researching I see top 20%.

InRemington

Re: FSU transfer

Postby InRemington » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:50 am

Both UF and FSU's websites indicate "top 1/3". I'm at Barry, and know a few of our classmates who are in and attending FSU. I'd say you're close to FSU but not UF. I've got an app out to UF but still waiting. In conversations with admissions at UF I've been told "top 1/3" blah blah but almost in the same sentence they express how "selectivity" can demand top 10% depending on seats available.

I know a classmate with a 3.1 gpa cumulative from both semesters who is in at FSU for the fall, and one that is already attending summer classes at FSU who was around 3.0 with just first semester grades for the acceptance. I also know a few from the top that are in at FSU, one already attending (3.5 gpa's). There are at least 4 already attending summer at FSU but I don't know their gpa's or ranks. I'd guess you're on the border - strong recommendations might help.

Whats a 2.8 put your rank exactly? I think if its 100 or better you're possible admit at FSU but not Florida (I'm just guessing about UF, and have no stats to back it up)

feel free to pm me.....

Law Student 1234

Re: FSU transfer

Postby Law Student 1234 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:17 am

Yeah I know I've got abetter shot at FSU and I have heard they take a lot of Barry students. I called UF and got nothing out of them. They just said top 1/3 are considered and personal statement plays big but wouldn't give me a realistic class rank. For the Barry students that are already in do you know how long it took for them to hear back? I waited to apply until our ranks came out. I will private message you my rank.

Return to “Transfers”