Transfer Chances to Cornell?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer Chances to Cornell?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:21 pm

T35-40, Top 15-20%

Been thinking about submitting a transfer app to Cornell. This is the only T14 that I might want to transfer to / think I may have a slim shot at. Regional ties (family in ithaca, grew up there).

Any thoughts on chances? Their website says they want transfers in the top 10% but I'd like to hear if this is a strict standard or not. Essentially is it worth the application fee and having to ask 2 professors at my current school to write me letters.

Danger Zone

Re: Transfer Chances to Cornell?

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:T35-40, Top 15-20%

Been thinking about submitting a transfer app to Cornell. This is the only T14 that I might want to transfer to / think I may have a slim shot at. Regional ties (family in ithaca, grew up there).

Any thoughts on chances? Their website says they want transfers in the top 10% but I'd like to hear if this is a strict standard or not. Essentially is it worth the application fee and having to ask 2 professors at my current school to write me letters.

Don't know about chances, but you should seriously look into the OCI. I've heard that transfers don't know whether they've been accepted until after the first session, which means you'd miss out on some serious opportunities.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Bump...

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump...

dude you cant do OCI.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:25 pm

There's absolutely no point in transferring if you can't do OCI. Last year, you couldn't do OCI at Cornell if you didn't enroll by a ridiculously early date (basically right about the same time they started sending out decisions). So lots of people didn't have decisions by the deadline, and those that did were usually still waiting to hear from other schools.

Apply to other schools or stay.

Return to “Transfers”