Lower GPA second semester, GULC out? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lower GPA second semester, GULC out?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:00 pm

I was in top 15% first semester at a D.C. school. Applied to transfer a month ago, but so far all my grades this semester have been terrible. I got my first C+ and B- which put my cumulative GPA below median. I had a professor who is a georgetown alum write my recommendation, and the only A I have this semester is LRW.

Also, made LR and working in-house at a big corp this summer.

I applied both PT and FT. Does PT have more lenient standards? I've pretty much lost all hope on my transfer app being accepted - I regret paying so much for the application now. Any advice? Should I send them an addendum, will it even matter?

transfer57

New

Re: Lower GPA second semester, GULC out?

Post by transfer57 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was in top 15% first semester at a D.C. school. Applied to transfer a month ago, but so far all my grades this semester have been terrible. I got my first C+ and B- which put my cumulative GPA below median. I had a professor who is a georgetown alum write my recommendation, and the only A I have this semester is LRW.

I applied both PT and FT. Does PT have more lenient standards? I've pretty much lost all hope on my transfer app being accepted - I regret paying so much for the application now. Any advice? Should I send them an addendum, will it even matter?

I mean, I don't see how an addendum would HURT, and at this case why not send one? If you have some good reasons for the drop in performance, it might be a good idea to let GULC know. I do understand however that a lot of times people do very well their first semester and drop off their second just due to the very crap-shoot nature of law schools grades sometimes.

At this point, just think to yourself. "well, I'm already $100 in the hole or the app. I might as well try my hardest to get in." Send them a letter if you have something good to say. It can't hurt.

Good luck

Nammertat

Silver

Re: Lower GPA second semester, GULC out?

Post by Nammertat » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was in top 15% first semester at a D.C. school. Applied to transfer a month ago, but so far all my grades this semester have been terrible. I got my first C+ and B- which put my cumulative GPA below median. I had a professor who is a georgetown alum write my recommendation, and the only A I have this semester is LRW.

I have heard GULC has a softer standard for PT, but honestly don't see it happening from median or below. IF you're @ GW and not GM or A, I would say it is worth your time to write out the addendum. If not, move on and start networking like crazy!

Best of luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”