transfer resume question Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dsb83

Bronze

transfer resume question

Post by dsb83 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Quick question about updating my resume for transfer. Should I include that I made Law Review for next year or that professors asked me to RA in two classes? If so, should these be bulleted under my current law school in the Education section? One of the professors that asked me to RA wrote a letter, and I assume he included that detail in there.

buddingjd

New

Re: transfer resume question

Post by buddingjd » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:28 pm

I would put the invitation to Law Review (assuming it was a write-on and not a grade-on), but not the RA invitation.

lasersgopewpew

Bronze

Post by lasersgopewpew » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:30 pm

buddingjd wrote:I would put the invitation to Law Review (assuming it was a write-on and not a grade-on), but not the RA invitation.
I think I'd put law review on there either way, but not the RA invitation (unless you took it).

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:30 pm

buddingjd wrote:I would put the invitation to Law Review (assuming it was a write-on and not a grade-on), but not the RA invitation.
yep.

definitely law review; definitely not RA invitation.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:30 pm

why not grade on?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

buddingjd

New

Post by buddingjd » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:32 pm

stillwater wrote:
why not grade on?
I guess it depends on the circumstances; if you're coming from a school known for letting the top 10 grade on, and your resume says that you are #3, it seems redundant.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:34 pm

buddingjd wrote:
stillwater wrote:
why not grade on?
I guess it depends on the circumstances; if you're coming from a school known for letting the top 10 grade on, and your resume says that you are #3, it seems redundant.
i think it would be stupid to assume they would make that inference.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:41 pm

stillwater wrote:
buddingjd wrote:
stillwater wrote:
why not grade on?
i think it would be stupid to assume they would make that inference.
it would be. list it no matter what.

buddingjd

New

Post by buddingjd » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:16 pm

why not grade on?[/quote]

I guess it depends on the circumstances; if you're coming from a school known for letting the top 10 grade on, and your resume says that you are #3, it seems redundant.[/quote]

i think it would be stupid to assume they would make that inference.[/quote]
it would be. list it no matter what.[/quote]

haha on second thought, i agree. list it either way.

dsb83

Bronze

Post by dsb83 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Yeah, it's a grade-on school and that's how I made it. Consensus seems to be include it still. I'll leave the RA offers off.

For anyone that knows about the transfer process with Penn are the optional essays worth the time? My background is somewhat interesting and would fit the diversity question. I could also do a good job on the values question but am trying to balance with time. Any thoughts? Also, they say it must be complete by July 1. I assume that's just for transcripts and certifications. Anyone know if the optional essays could be added after submitting the application?

Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”