Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 pm

If there is another "official" thread out there, just redirect with a link below...

low T2/High T3 school/top 5.96%

Application Received 6/5/13...sent transcripts a few days ago and waiting for the app to be complete

any news/updates from anyone else?
Last edited by mike.alexander23 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:09 pm

.

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:07 pm

no one probably cares, :wink: but just went complete today (6/18)

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mss455 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:08 pm

just went complete today too ahhhhh !!!!
mike.alexander23 wrote:no one probably cares, :wink: but just went complete today (6/18)

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:11 pm

mss455 wrote:just went complete today too ahhhhh !!!!
mike.alexander23 wrote:no one probably cares, :wink: but just went complete today (6/18)


Let the waiting begin :shock:

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mss455 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Last year some people got called the same day they went complete - but there's no way in the world that THAT would be me haha !!!!

mike.alexander23 wrote:
mss455 wrote:just went complete today too ahhhhh !!!!
mike.alexander23 wrote:no one probably cares, :wink: but just went complete today (6/18)


Let the waiting begin :shock:

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:59 pm

mss455 wrote:Last year some people got called the same day they went complete - but there's no way in the world that THAT would be me haha !!!!

mike.alexander23 wrote:
mss455 wrote:just went complete today too ahhhhh !!!!
mike.alexander23 wrote:no one probably cares, :wink: but just went complete today (6/18)


Let the waiting begin :shock:


stats? if you don't mind?

darkatillam2
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby darkatillam2 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:33 am

anyone know how large UCLA's transfer class will be? I'm a HUGE long shot and I'd like to get my hopes up...

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:39 am

darkatillam2 wrote:anyone know how large UCLA's transfer class will be? I'm a HUGE long shot and I'd like to get my hopes up...


i've been wondering the same...according to arrow's thread (link below)...UCLA's transfer class was about 30-40. Again, that number was from another year and I am not sure what the recent trend is

http://www.top-law-schools.com/advice-f ... rring.html

nosuchthingastime
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby nosuchthingastime » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:46 am

Hey,

Current UCLA Law student. Just finished my 1L year. I obviously didn't transfer in here, so I don't know much about the process. But I can tell you quite a few people dropped out, so there should be a fair number of spots. In my big section (2 of 8 sections combined) I would say at least 6 people dropped out. UCLA is great, but extremely competitive. That is just the nature of the student body. I think the people dropped out due to the competition and the shock of getting bad grades.

I can answer basic questions if anyone has any about the school.

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:09 pm

nosuchthingastime wrote:Hey,

Current UCLA Law student. Just finished my 1L year. I obviously didn't transfer in here, so I don't know much about the process. But I can tell you quite a few people dropped out, so there should be a fair number of spots. In my big section (2 of 8 sections combined) I would say at least 6 people dropped out. UCLA is great, but extremely competitive. That is just the nature of the student body. I think the people dropped out due to the competition and the shock of getting bad grades.

I can answer basic questions if anyone has any about the school.


well that's encouraging...somewhat

User avatar
h2oplyer7
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby h2oplyer7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Application just went complete so I am checking in. I just got in to WUSTL last week and I will likely go there since they are giving me money, and I think the school atmosphere is really nice. However, my fiance said I need to give UCLA a chance. I think I am a huge long-shot, but hey...I already paid the fee. :)

Sidenote: I grew up hating USC. :)

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:40 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:Application just went complete so I am checking in. I just got in to WUSTL last week and I will likely go there since they are giving me money, and I think the school atmosphere is really nice. However, my fiance said I need to give UCLA a chance. I think I am a huge long-shot, but hey...I already paid the fee. :)

Sidenote: I grew up hating USC. :)


congrats on WUSTL! UCLA or USC are my top choices so far so I'm hoping for either; also applying ND

User avatar
h2oplyer7
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby h2oplyer7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks! I applied to ND as well. ND might be the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. Can't beat the SoCal weather though. :)

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:48 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:Thanks! I applied to ND as well. ND might be the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. Can't beat the SoCal weather though. :)


yeah i agree with you on both. have you heard of anyone hearing back from UCLA yet?

User avatar
h2oplyer7
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby h2oplyer7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:51 pm

I only got the email from Laura Castillo that decisions are rolling and could take up to the end of July. That's all I know. If I get in, I am sure I will be the last on the list since my numbers are not the highest.

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:56 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:I only got the email from Laura Castillo that decisions are rolling and could take up to the end of July. That's all I know. If I get in, I am sure I will be the last on the list since my numbers are not the highest.


i can't speak of your chances...im not too sure how to gauge who has a good shot or not. but coming from a T1 you might not be dead in the water...what do i know, though

but yeah i got the same email confirming my app was complete. on last year's thread people heard back within days of going complete (even those who went complete in July)

User avatar
h2oplyer7
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby h2oplyer7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Well, the sooner the better. I don't like long waits, and it will be nice to know where I will be moving to.

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:00 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:Well, the sooner the better. I don't like long waits, and it will be nice to know where I will be moving to.


agreed

Dawkins
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:16 am

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby Dawkins » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:20 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:I only got the email from Laura Castillo that decisions are rolling and could take up to the end of July. That's all I know. If I get in, I am sure I will be the last on the list since my numbers are not the highest.


Wow, end of July? That sucks. I really hope to know where I'm going in the next couple weeks.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby Lasers » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:36 pm

i got in end of july last year...i didn't really care anymore since i was already planning on attending usc, but i imagine it would have been a rush to get everything in order with notice that late.

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Lasers wrote:i got in end of july last year...i didn't really care anymore since i was already planning on attending usc, but i imagine it would have been a rush to get everything in order with notice that late.


Do you recall when your app went complete?

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby Lasers » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:19 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
Lasers wrote:i got in end of july last year...i didn't really care anymore since i was already planning on attending usc, but i imagine it would have been a rush to get everything in order with notice that late.


Do you recall when your app went complete?

end of june/early july. i remember the range was the same (i.e. same type of rolling admissions).

mike.alexander23
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby mike.alexander23 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Lasers wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:
Lasers wrote:i got in end of july last year...i didn't really care anymore since i was already planning on attending usc, but i imagine it would have been a rush to get everything in order with notice that late.


Do you recall when your app went complete?

end of june/early july. i remember the range was the same (i.e. same type of rolling admissions).


Gotcha. Thanks for the input man. What do you think are my chances coming from low T2/high T3 top 5.96%?

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Official 2013 UCLA Transfer Thread

Postby Lasers » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:46 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
Lasers wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:
Lasers wrote:i got in end of july last year...i didn't really care anymore since i was already planning on attending usc, but i imagine it would have been a rush to get everything in order with notice that late.


Do you recall when your app went complete?

end of june/early july. i remember the range was the same (i.e. same type of rolling admissions).


Gotcha. Thanks for the input man. What do you think are my chances coming from low T2/high T3 top 5.96%?

not bad. i think you have a 50/50 shot, depending on your school. top 6% at a t2 has a strong shot at usc/ucla; might not be enough coming from a t3, however.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.