Scholarship Loss/Transfer Panic Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Scholarship Loss/Transfer Panic

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 pm

I ended up 1% below what I needed to to keep my scholarship for next year. I'm in huge panic mode. Fall Semester I was top 49% but Spring Semester, my cumulative rank went up to top 41% (I'm guessing I was roughly top 3rd in the Spring). Is there anything I can do to negotiate with my school? Even ask for a 30% of what my scholarship was because I was so close to the 40% threshold?

If not, I will transfer (to an in-state school that is more affordable). Are transfers allowed to get scholarship money? If so, what are the circumstances and do they tend to reflect what 0Ls are offered.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hephaestus

Gold

Re: Scholarship Loss/Transfer Panic

Post by hephaestus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Transfers never/very rarely get scholarships.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 pm

ImNoScar wrote:Transfers never/very rarely get scholarships.
OP here. Thanks. Do you know whether negotiations are possible at this point?

Uncle.Joe

Bronze

Post by Uncle.Joe » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Its an individual thing. Go tak to them, let them know that you want to stay but will have to leave if you lose your scholarship.

Likely they will help you out. Do not approach it as a negotiation though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Uncle.Joe wrote:Its an individual thing. Go tak to them, let them know that you want to stay but will have to leave if you lose your scholarship.

Likely they will help you out. Do not approach it as a negotiation though.
Thanks so much. That gives me hope.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”