PVM>Harvard and Boston Employment

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jacksonmead

PVM>Harvard and Boston Employment

Postby jacksonmead » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:04 am

I realize that there's a good chance no one knows enough to provide definitive answers but I thought I'd appeal to the greater TLS wisdom regardless.

I'm pretty much exactly top 10% (just missed law review) at PVM and really want to be in Boston after school. What are my relative prospects at Boston SAs from my current school v. Harvard? Do you think it makes sense to try and transfer.

By way of further background I like my current school but I have personal reasons to make living in Boston in the immediate future desirable as well.

Thanks.

stillwater

Re: PVM>Harvard and Boston Employment

Postby stillwater » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 am

got ties bro?

jacksonmead

Postby jacksonmead » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am

Yah, got ties. Born and raised in Boston.

jacksonmead

Postby jacksonmead » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:40 am

Bump cause I need some advice.

pedroia

Postby pedroia » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 pm

I think it depends. If you're at V, there's actually a pretty substantial network in Boston, and people who excel there don't have much difficulty in Boston, especially with ties, from what I understand. I'm guessing you're not there, though, because you would probably know this and not be asking the question if you were. If that's true, then I think it's harder at M/P to break into Boston. With great grades and ties, though, and good interview skills, I don't see why you would have difficulties. Put another way, if you didn't make it to Boston with your credentials and ties, I don't think it would be the school that set you back (whereas it could be if you were medianish). That said, H is obviously king in Boston, and if you have the chance, you should probably apply, assuming you aren't leaving $cholarship money on the table, and then it would be debatable. Not sure if that helps or not. Good luck.

jacksonmead

Postby jacksonmead » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Pedroia, thanks for the advice. Anyone else have any opinions? What are the outcomes for Harvard people going for Boston?

Return to “Transfers”