Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.
Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 am
I've heard some stories of schools not allowing students to participate in OCI and other such things if they request transcripts for transfer apps but then decide to stay at their current school. Anyone know whether this is a widespread practice or not? I'm not 100% sold on leaving my school but am going to put in some transfer apps anyway just to see. Is this a bad idea?
- Posts: 2940
- Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm
I have heard of schools taking needless steps to delay and hinder transfers from leaving, but I've never heard stories of schools retaliating against students if they stay. Anyone even considering transferring if obviously a top student, and the school wouldn't intentionally harm its employment stats by taking OCI opportunities away from a top student.
- Posts: 207
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 pm
lasersgopewpew wrote:Anyone hearing from their current school's administration yet re: asking you to stay, scholly negotiations, etc?
Yes, I got a scholarship to stay at my school. I am at a T2 in the mid 60-70s and I was planning on transferring to a T1. They gave me a 30% scholarship (one year only) to stay. This wasn't a bad offer by any means, as my grades weren't exceptional (top third / closer to top quarter), and it was almost double the amount I got as an entering 1L.
From what I've been hearing, transfer classes will do pretty well this year, so it might not have been worth it had I decided to apply to my reach school and gotten in (UCLA). But I wasn't going to gamble on my longshot at the expense of my scholarship offer (I have to let them know in a week if I am going to stay, and I likely wouldn't hear back from my reach if I had decided to apply).
Who is online
The online users are hidden on this forum.