Time Sensitive TT FT transfer to PT DC school

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Time Sensitive TT FT transfer to PT DC school

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:03 pm

I am a rising 2L, FT student at a T2 80-100 range. GPA is 3.261 on a 3.0 curve w/ no rank. Using the rank estimator puts me at about top third. I have interned on Capitol Hill full-time after college in the U.S. Senate and would like to work there as counsel on a committee or in the federal government (though my grades are low for the latter).

DILEMMA: I was recently offered a full-time job on the Hill that would allow me to gain more Hill experience (which every hill job requires) for around 45K/year. I was looking into transferring to full-time to either GW or GMU before, but now I must accept or turn down this fulltime job offer within the next week.

Now I have to choose between either staying at my original T2, exploring full-time transfer options to DC (which may be limited), and accepting this job and taking the chance that i will get in to a part-time program in any DC area school- GT, GW, GMU, AU, CU.

Any recommendations?

Note: I am very debt averse, and currently pay around 20K for my T2 and would be cautious to pay full price, full-time student tuition at GMU or GW. Also, just started internship with state gov't that i would need to leave.
Jobs like the one offered, dont come around very often

Anonymous User

Re: Time Sensitive TT FT transfer to PT DC school

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:22 pm

bump.

johnB86

Postby johnB86 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:53 pm

GW and Georgetown would be out based on grades. As for the other schools: I'm not sure how many transfer students they accept or the grades of the transfers accepted. More importantly, though, transfer students are typically not offered scholarship or grants....so your debt aversion may be an issue since you'll be paying sticker price wherever you end up.

At any rate, it's already June, you'll need to pull the trigger if you plan on giving GWU, AU, or CU a shot.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Take the job and worry about making the law school work afterwards even if that means a year or two off. You may even find that you don't need the degree to do what you want.

johnB86

Postby johnB86 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Take the job and worry about making the law school work afterwards even if that means a year or two off. You may even find that you don't need the degree to do what you want.

Agreed. Law school will always be there.

Return to “Transfers”