Would you transfer?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Would you transfer?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Current school is ranked ~30. I was 3rd in the class after first semester and had essentially the same grades this spring (cum. 3.9 GPA), but I don't yet know my exact rank. I have a couple best grade awards and some other typical law school softs.

I have little-to-no interest in working in a big city after law school, and current school is located in my preferred geographical region. I have a SA job at a large firm in a secondary market, and given my grades, resume (excellent work experience pre-law school), and job prospects for current school's top students regionally, I am confident I won't have much trouble getting a job I want either next summer or coming out of school. I am potentially interested in clerking, but haven't totally decided and certainly don't have my heart set on that.

For a variety of reasons, I'm only interested in transferring to Harvard, if at all. (I might consider Yale, but am assuming if I get in there I'd get in at Harvard, and I would prefer Harvard.)

I have a so-so scholarship at current school, and I don't know if they will increase it even if I have a transfer acceptance in hand.

Would you transfer? (Or really, I suppose, would you apply?) Thanks.

Grazzhoppa

Re: Would you transfer?

Postby Grazzhoppa » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 pm

I would apply.

patrickd139

Re: Would you transfer?

Postby patrickd139 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 pm

"Hey, I'd like more money than I'm currently getting. If you're not interested, I'll just go to Harvard."

That's better than "Hey, I'd like more money than I'm currently getting. No? Okay..."

Return to “Transfers”