Mich vs GULC vs NU

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which school is best for Chicago Big Law

Poll ended at Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Michigan
5%
Georgetown
No votes
Northwestern
95%

Total votes: 20

Anonymous User

Mich vs GULC vs NU

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Hey all, hate to be redundant with this type of question but I'm top 5% at lower T1 school with strong Chicago ties. Wondering what would be best for Chicago big law placement in light of alread having ties. GULC included because I'm in EA.

Grazzhoppa

Re: Mich vs GULC vs NU

Postby Grazzhoppa » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Northwestern obviously.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm

OP. sorry, I phrased that question in a really dumb way. What I'm wondering is if, given my strong Chicago ties, I would be better off at a Mich or GULC where I may be more unique then just another NU looking for big law, or if I'm just better off being at NU.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP. sorry, I phrased that question in a really dumb way. What I'm wondering is if, given my strong Chicago ties, I would be better off at a Mich or GULC where I may be more unique then just another NU looking for big law, or if I'm just better off being at NU.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at. I can't see a situation in which you would have an advantage because of the "unique"-ness of attending Mich or GULC and having Chicago ties. Firms hire from all over the country. And tons of people at Mich or GULC will have Chicago ties anyway.

Do you want to work in Chicago? If so, go to NU. If you want to work in DC, go to Gtown (or maybe Mich).

Return to “Transfers”