Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
sap
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby sap » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:27 pm

THE BACKSTREET BOYS SUM UP MY FEELINGS RIGHT NOW, STANFORD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug88HO2mg44

0352
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby 0352 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Still think it odd that only two in this thread have gotten calls thus far. That seems low. I mean, anyone who applied is at least lurking here. It's already been a strange cycle based on the decision dates, maybe calls will go for a couple of days.

User avatar
sap
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby sap » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:51 pm

0352 wrote:Still think it odd that only two in this thread have gotten calls thus far. That seems low. I mean, anyone who applied is at least lurking here. It's already been a strange cycle based on the decision dates, maybe calls will go for a couple of days.


We can only hope. Part of me wants to call and ask them about whether decisions are still ongoing. Most of me just really doesn't want to tie up my phone.

My other thought is that others may have gotten the call today and aren't posting from work. I'm RA so I can post whenever I please, but I wouldn't be doing it if I had an at-office summer thing.

lawdude1251
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby lawdude1251 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:54 pm

sap wrote:
0352 wrote:Still think it odd that only two in this thread have gotten calls thus far. That seems low. I mean, anyone who applied is at least lurking here. It's already been a strange cycle based on the decision dates, maybe calls will go for a couple of days.


We can only hope. Part of me wants to call and ask them about whether decisions are still ongoing. Most of me just really doesn't want to tie up my phone.

My other thought is that others may have gotten the call today and aren't posting from work. I'm RA so I can post whenever I please, but I wouldn't be doing it if I had an at-office summer thing.


I asked and they told me they would be ongoing thru the week and till the end of July...

User avatar
sap
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby sap » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:55 pm

lawdude1251 wrote:I asked and they told me they would be ongoing thru the week and till the end of July...


Okay, well that's good news.

Kindof. See backstreet boys above.

bananapeanutbutter
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:04 pm

sap wrote:
lawdude1251 wrote:I asked and they told me they would be ongoing thru the week and till the end of July...


Okay, well that's good news.

Kindof. See backstreet boys above.

It's a good thing you're a girl or the 90s boy band references would be irking.

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5707
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BVest » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:08 pm

sap wrote:
0352 wrote:Still think it odd that only two in this thread have gotten calls thus far. That seems low. I mean, anyone who applied is at least lurking here. It's already been a strange cycle based on the decision dates, maybe calls will go for a couple of days.

My other thought is that others may have gotten the call today and aren't posting from work.



Or have people they'd rather tell/things they have to take care of before going to TLS.

LSATNeverAgain
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby LSATNeverAgain » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm

I fear this will drag out into August :(

User avatar
sap
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby sap » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:26 pm

bananapeanutbutter wrote:It's a good thing you're a girl or the 90s boy band references would be irking.


O_O There's a precursor to a gay panic defense if I ever heard one.

bananapeanutbutter
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:35 pm

sap wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:It's a good thing you're a girl or the 90s boy band references would be irking.


O_O There's a precursor to a gay panic defense if I ever heard one.

Well, I guess that too. It's just annoying music in general - I can dig some Jason Mraz, even Justin Timberlake but Backstreet Boys is just so lame. It's just more forgiving if a girl is into it because every girl is. I guess I'd also be tolerant of the gay community being fond of them, but the gay people I have met aren't necessarily like girls except for that they like men. However, liking women is a very small part of being a man. There's guns and cars and sports and red meat and crap.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby pupshaw » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:09 am

bananapeanutbutter wrote:
sap wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:It's a good thing you're a girl or the 90s boy band references would be irking.


O_O There's a precursor to a gay panic defense if I ever heard one.

Well, I guess that too. It's just annoying music in general - I can dig some Jason Mraz, even Justin Timberlake but Backstreet Boys is just so lame. It's just more forgiving if a girl is into it because every girl is. I guess I'd also be tolerant of the gay community being fond of them, but the gay people I have met aren't necessarily like girls except for that they like men. However, liking women is a very small part of being a man. There's guns and cars and sports and red meat and crap.


Dude, just stop.

mathnerd
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:38 am

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby mathnerd » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Just got the call from Stanford! :shock:

Now I'm at work and my brain has shut down from shock and joy.

BFrankBYangC
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BFrankBYangC » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:12 pm

mathnerd wrote:Just got the call from Stanford! :shock:

Now I'm at work and my brain has shut down from shock and joy.


Congratulations, same thing happened to me haha.

0352
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby 0352 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:49 pm

mathnerd wrote:Just got the call from Stanford! :shock:

Now I'm at work and my brain has shut down from shock and joy.


Congratulations!

SandScale004
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby SandScale004 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 pm

.
Last edited by SandScale004 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawdude1251
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby lawdude1251 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:33 pm

So only one admission today or did other people get a call?

What is the count at? Two people yesterday and one today? This is a very slow process it seems...

BFrankBYangC
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BFrankBYangC » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:11 pm

I imagine that there are some people admitted who don't post on TLS. Surely the entire transfer community isn't following this forum, haha.

We're probably some limited segment (30%? 50%? who knows) of all people participating in the transfer process. Stanford takes ~12-15 transfers every year, so with a sample size that small it's not really unreasonable for movement to go unreported. So no news doesn't necessarily mean nothing happened.

User avatar
sheydabi
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby sheydabi » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:15 pm

BFrankBYangC wrote:I imagine that there are some people admitted who don't post on TLS. Surely the entire transfer community isn't following this forum, haha.

We're probably some limited segment (30%? 50%? who knows) of all people participating in the transfer process. Stanford takes ~12-15 transfers every year, so with a sample size that small it's not really unreasonable for movement to go unreported. So no news doesn't necessarily mean nothing happened.


Agreed. I think last year's thread only had 4-5 acceptances posted.

Do we have any known dings (realizing people are even less likely to post dings). My status is unchanged but I'm taking it as a ding at this point.

juzam_djinn
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby juzam_djinn » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:23 pm

My theory is that we're done if we haven't heard back :(

0352
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby 0352 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:29 pm

juzam_djinn wrote:My theory is that we're done if we haven't heard back :(


I tend to agree -- except that this year has been out of the norm. If there is another call on here tomorrow, I am going to assume that they are genuinely trickling them out until the end of July, like they've said.

LSATNeverAgain
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby LSATNeverAgain » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:36 pm

0352 wrote:
juzam_djinn wrote:My theory is that we're done if we haven't heard back :(


I tend to agree -- except that this year has been out of the norm. If there is another call on here tomorrow, I am going to assume that they are genuinely trickling them out until the end of July, like they've said.


I'm usually pessimistic but I agree... I think this is going to drag out until the end of July and maybe into August :(

lawdude1251
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby lawdude1251 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Let's hear some phones ring Dean Deal... pretty please? :P

redsoxfaan3
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby redsoxfaan3 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Someone from my school got into SLS. Didn't post on here.

Not looking good...

juzam_djinn
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby juzam_djinn » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:11 pm

redsoxfaan3 wrote:Someone from my school got into SLS. Didn't post on here.

Not looking good...


based on my investigations that appears to be two from your school...

any idea when he/she got the call?

redsoxfaan3
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Stanford Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Postby redsoxfaan3 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:04 pm

juzam_djinn wrote:
redsoxfaan3 wrote:Someone from my school got into SLS. Didn't post on here.

Not looking good...


based on my investigations that appears to be two from your school...

any idea when he/she got the call?


PM'd




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.