Apply to Yale? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Apply to Yale?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 31, 2013 5:25 pm

I am #2 at a T50 and am looking to transfer. I was originally thinking that CCN would be my best bet, but am going to throw an app to Harvard on the off chance that I get in. I was not planning on applying to Yale or Stanford because of how small their transfer class is, and didn't want to waste the money. However, I just realized that both of my recommenders have connections with Yale, one being a former student and the other has been a visiting professor. Does this change anything as far as giving me some sort of chance of getting in there?

sublime

Diamond

Re: Apply to Yale?

Post by sublime » Fri May 31, 2013 5:52 pm

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:10 pm

go for it

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:57 pm

If you can spare the money I always advocate applying. It's worth it just for the peace of mind IMO.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:26 am

3) Please don't attempt to give transfer advice if you haven't been through 1L year yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”