Top 5% at low tier 2 to T14?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
cortland55

Top 5% at low tier 2 to T14?

Postby cortland55 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:04 pm

Top 5% with 3.89 at low tier two school (90's) and looking to transfer into the T14. My top two are UVA and Georgetown Any chance?...I want to transfer, as I am paying sticker at my current school.

Also, any chance at HYS or NYU/Columbia? I'm realistic and guessing not

jmls1987

Re: Top 5% at low tier 2 to T14?

Postby jmls1987 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:20 pm

Read the book "The Art of Transferring". The girl in the book transferred from American to Harvard, so it is possible. Also, I think you have a good chance at Georgetown with your numbers, and probably many more of T14. Apply broadly and see what happens

Nick18

Postby Nick18 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:13 pm

For UVA, I really wouldn't even waste the app fee unless you're a VA resident or otherwise have significant ties to VA. I think you would have a very good chance at Georgetown.

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Fri May 31, 2013 7:13 pm

You don't need to read a book. 95% of transferring is probably based on your school/rank/grades. I agree with what the last poster said about UVA & GULC, and would add that it's probably worth applying to C/N/M/P as well if you would go there if accepted.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:16 am

Columbia might be worth an app fee but I doubt you'll get in. Don't bother with UVA unless you are a VA resident or otherwise have ties. Otherwise, try Mich, Northwestern, Penn, NYU (maybe), and Gtown.

Return to “Transfers”