Transfer Advice

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nelaw2010

Transfer Advice

Postby nelaw2010 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Currently at T2 in SoCal (San Diego). Top 10%. I have a $100k scholly. Looking to transfer to either UCLA or USC.

First, do you think I'll get in to either school?

Second, do you think it's worth it?

I want to stay in SoCal, but ideally in Los Angeles.

Headybrah

Re: Transfer Advice

Postby Headybrah » Thu May 30, 2013 7:09 am

give it a shot. think you are selling yourself short by staying in S. CA

Give berkley a shot - and Stanford. If you want CA long term - look into what T-14 schools have best OCI stats for CA

I don't think its necessary to transfer with your large scholarship - but wouldn't hurt exploring. UCLA you should be a lock - but then your paying shit ton more even with in state

Nammertat

Postby Nammertat » Thu May 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Headybrah wrote:give it a shot. think you are selling yourself short by staying in S. CA

Give berkley a shot - and Stanford. If you want CA long term - look into what T-14 schools have best OCI stats for CA

I don't think its necessary to transfer with your large scholarship - but wouldn't hurt exploring. UCLA you should be a lock - but then your paying shit ton more even with in state

Agreed on all fronts.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Worth applying. Come back with acceptances and we can help you decide.

Return to “Transfers”